Salary £75,000 - £85,000 per annum
Consultant Alex Cabezas
Date posted 23 April 20192019-04-23 2019-05-23 accountancy Hertfordshire Hertfordshire GB GBP 75000 85000 85000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.uk
An excellent long term contract opportunity to work for a construction and engineering business, based in Hertfordshire, as Financial Controller, supporting the Group FD in running all aspects of UK financial management.
We are currently recruiting a Financial Controller, for a construction business based in Hertfordshire, reporting into the Group Finance Director, and take responsibility for all aspects of UK financial management, reporting and ensuring the efficient running of the UK accounts department, on a fixed term contract basis, for a minimum period of 12 months.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Preparation of accounts
- Ensure the preparation of timely and accurate monthly management accounts for UK trading companies and overhead reports for operational management
- Responsibility for all final GL balances including review of month end balance sheet reconciliations and control accounts
- Ensure the accuracy and integrity of the UK companies accounting records and financial systems
- Ownership for the production of annual statutory accounts for the UK companies in accordance with the relevant accounting principles.
- Attendance and participation in quarterly review meetings with UK Board directors.
Budgets and forecasts
- Preparation of budgets, forecasts and business plans and continued monitoring & review of performance against them to enable robust reporting of variances to UK management.
- Review of 16-week cash forecasts and questioning unexpected and unexplained variances.
- Effectively manage the cash requirements of the UK entities.
- Weekly review of subcontract payment runs, ensuring VAT and CIS has been accurately dealt with.
- Bi-monthly review of insurance charges to contracts
- Preparation of the annual requirements for the UK Insurance policies and liaison with the UK insurance brokers.
- Review of financial credit checks on potential subcontractors and customers.
- Review of VAT apportionments prior to submission to HMRC.
- Final review of expense claims ensuring compliance with group policy.
- Acting as cover point for the payments manager and assistant FC during annual leave.
- Ensure returns for Corporation tax, VAT, SAO, PSA and other relevant taxes are submitted, payments made on time and all relevant regulations are complied with
- Monthly review of VAT returns ensuring compliance with HMRC regulations.
- Annual review of CITB and PSA returns.
- Take part in effectively managing, motivating and developing the UK finance and accounting team.
- Supervise & review performance of relevant individuals in the team when appropriate
- Ensuring that internal controls are abided by
- Assist in managing relationships with auditors, tax advisers, bankers and other parties as required.
- Carry out any further tasks for which your qualifications & experience are suited as directed by the Group Financial Controller.
The ideal candidate will possess the following attributes:
- Strong technical accounting skills, qualified accountant (ACA/ACCA/CIMA)
- Strong communication skills
- Previous construction industry experience including knowledge on CIS
- Knowledge of COINS
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- The ability to prioritize individual workloads according to deadlines
- Strong Excel skills
- Ability to work as part of a team effectively and confidentially
- Capability to manage and motivate a team as well as be approachable for both them and the business.