Salary £68,000 - £73,000 per annum
Consultant Hugh Almond
Date posted 04 April 20192019-04-04 2019-06-03 travel-and-tourism Manchester Greater Manchester GB GBP 68000 73000 73000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.uk
The Organisation Robert Walters are currently working with an instantly recognisable business in their search for a permanent Financial Controller. Reporting directly into the FD the business seeks a technically strong, hands on candidate who's able to develop an already strong team and deliver enhanced controls and financial processes The organisation that we're representing are highly profitable, a household name and market leaders in their niche sector. The business have a strong brand, exceptional backing and ambitions to surpass their short and medium term growth targets. With an exceptionally strong senior management team in place the successful candidate will gain unparalleled levels of exposure and will be given the opportunity to bring real 'value add' to the organisation.
Once in role the successful candidate will be responsible for developing the financial reporting division and provide leadership to the existing team.
Specific duties include:
- Production of the statutory accounts and delivering accurate financial information to the executive team
- Lead on the implementation of new financial reporting standards
- Develop existing financial processes and controls across the finance division
- Preparation of the consolidated accounts from across the group
- Lead on the delivery of key finance projects across the organisation ensuring that they’re delivered on time and on budget
- Manage all aspects of the internal and external audit process and resolve any queries
- Oversee the group intercompany reconciliation processes
- Manage the Financial Reporting Team of 10 and upskill existing members of staff
Candidates wishing to apply for the role will be ACA or ACCA qualified and will have exceptionally strong technical reporting experience. The candidate will have had prior experience to working within a larger group function and will be well versed in preparing statutory accounts under IFRS. The candidate will have previously managed a finance team and will have experience of upskilling the existing team members and assisting them through their professional qualifications. Strong communication skills are key as the candidate will be partnering with a range of individuals and assist with an array of BAU and project accounting issues. Ideally the candidate will have completed group consolidations and will have tangible experience of improving internal controls / processes and driving key finance initiatives.