Group Financial Controller
Consultant Liam O'Flaherty
Date posted 14 March 2019 2019-03-142019-05-13 transport-and-rail Leeds West Yorkshire GB LS1 5AA GBP 50000 55000 55000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.uk
Our client are a well known and fast growing based on the outskirts of Leeds within close proximity to transport links. They currently have a requirement for a talented Group Financial Controller to join their already successful finance team.
This Group Financial Controller job will involve the successful candidate undertaking the following duties
- Overseeing the production of detailed Group monthly management accounts and financial statements including profit & loss and balance sheet accounts for group businesses, ensuring effective internal audit controls are in place and continuously reviewed.
- Management and Leadership of the Finance team, overseeing all ledger transactions, payroll, credit control, analytics, reporting and HR including performance development reviews.
- Finalise all aspects of year end financial accounts including submitting relevant external deadlines and liaising with external auditors.
- Full budget preparation, including budget model design.
- Design and implement new customer rate pricing, review customer rate increases and implement new pricing structures.
- Analysis of financial trends, customer profitability and discrepancies, quickly acting on and investigating poor performance.
- Oversee the review and audit of systems, ensuring all revenue and costs are correctly accounted for.
- Identify business financial risks and suggest appropriate action to directors.
- Management and authorisation of all company payments through effective purchase order management and audit control.
- Set Financial and non financial KPI’s to monitor expected performance levels.
- Cash flow management and forecasting. Liaising with bank mangers to review current borrowing facilities to ensure these are adequate and cost effective.
- Financing negotiations and decisions on Capital Expenditure, credit insurance, and operating leases.
If you are a talented qualified accountant looking to work as a Group Financial Controller then I would like to hear from you as soon as possible. Our client are looking to move quickly and have time set aside already to interview. Please contact me for more information at the Robert Walters Leeds Office.