Head of Finance
Salary £90,000 - £120,000 per annum
Consultant Marcus Blackburn
Date posted 07 February 2019 2019-02-072019-04-08 financial-services Sheffield South Yorkshire GB GBP 90000 120000 120000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.uk
My client is a large customer centric service sector organisation that has not only seen organic growth but has developed new business streams through a number of recent acquisitions. As such, our client is strengthening the senior management team with the appointment of a customer-facing Head of Finance to enhance business productivity and divisional business partnering.
We are looking for an experienced technically savvy finance professional to take control of a finance function consisting of financial reporting, audit, treasury and tax matters. The role will include building and developing a robust finance function to support continued growth.
Key duties and responsibilities:
- Preparation of monthly management accounts, working with regional finance heads, co-ordinate the monthly timelines, consolidate results and commentary for the leadership team.
- Review monthly balance sheet reconciliations, completion and review of required supporting schedules for the month end process, reconciliation of intercompany transactions and balances, stock, fixed and intangible asset management.
- Responsible for year-end preparation, close process and statutory consolidation of all subsidiaries.
- Year-end audit and accounts submission, own relationship with auditors, co-ordinating audit work across markets, and final preparation of group and individual stand-alone accounts. Work with tax team on tax accounts and computations.
- Provide technical accounting advice for share options, intangible assets, leases, revenue recognition and other ad-hoc advice as required.
- Update the finance function on changes to accounting standards and other industry/ regulatory developments.
- Internal control and compliance, review existing finance processes and identify system and process improvements to streamline and add efficiency to the output of the finance function, full review and implementation of key internal controls and cost control procedures, responsible for company compliance filings.
Skills and experience required include:
A Qualified Accountant – ACA preferred, with demonstrable PQE gained in a complex matrix environment. You must possess strong experience developing a robust financial control environment whilst also demonstrating commercial awareness and an ability to understand trading metrics & key drivers which impact revenue and a significant cost base.
Proven experience within the financial services sector is a prerequisite whilst strong communication skills and an ability to interpret and present complex data to a variety of stakeholder’s is essential.
Apply below or to find out more about this job, please contact Marcus Blackburn at Robert Walters plc on Marcus.Blackburn@robertwalters.com or call +44 161 214 7400.