Global Financial Controller
Salary £85,000 - £110,000 per annum
Consultant Isobel Salino
Date posted 04 January 2019 2019-01-042019-02-15 accountancy UK Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.uk https://www.robertwalters.co.uk/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/logo.gif
Robert Walters are delighted to be working exclusively with AgriProtein, a growing innovative business based in central Guildford with manufacturing sites internationally. Time Magazine included AgriProtein on its 2018 list of ‘Fifty Genius Companies’ that are inventing the future and also won the ‘Food chain global champion award’ at the BBC Food and Farming awards 2017 amongst many other accolades.
AgriProtein is a global leader in the field of developing and commercialising technology to up-cycle waste organic material into proteins, lipids and other valuable products. Unique in what they do, they have raised US$105 million in new capital this year alone to assist in funding its global expansion plans at a rapid rate.
Due to this expansion, they are looking for an experienced Global Financial Controller to join their growing senior management team. This role will be responsible for designing, implementing and maintaining the global financial administrative function to ensure accurate and competent recording and reporting of all accounting activities and transactions across a global scale.
The candidate should have experience of running the financial reporting and controls for a growing
international company with operational facilities in multiple locations, jurisdictions and currencies.
- Oversee and implement financial controls and procedures over manufacturing facilities as
the company moves from the R&D phase to the operational phase of its development.
- Establish and implement project budgeting and reporting for multiple capital projects of circa
- Supervise the financial accounting functions across all jurisdictions.
- Supervise the monthly and other periodic management reporting functions across all
- Preparing financial data and analysis to assist various non-finance stakeholders across the
business such as Management, Operations, Business Development and Sales, thus informing
and influencing business decisions.
- Work closely with the IT Manager and Operations / Sales to ensure regular and appropriate
upgrading of the accounting system functionality to support and enhance the growth in the
- Establishment of international invoicing, creditor and inventory management procedures as
the company begins to make global sales of its products from multiple facilities.
- Supervise the operation of bank accounts and payments systems, and some Treasury
- Establish Group Accounting Policies and practices, and oversee their implementation in
regional / country operations administrative systems.
- Global Tax planning, auditing, compliance, and reporting.
- Oversee and re-engineer the annual budgeting and forecasting process.
- Preparing monthly reviews, identifying cost-saving opportunities through analysis and
forecasting of ongoing operational performance.
Experience and qualifications:
- Experience within a multi-site international manufacturing environment is essential
- Experience within the food, pharmaceutical, agricultural or manufacturing market would be preferred
- ACA , ACCA , CA , or CIMA qualification is essential
- Should have experience in running the financial reporting and controls for a growing international company with operational facilities in multiple locations, jurisdictions and currencies
There is a significant re-numeration package on offer within this role as well as the associated benefits as expected. Please contact Isobel Salino at Robert Walters for more information – firstname.lastname@example.org