Senior Finance Manager
Salary £65,000 - £80,000 per annum
Consultant Isabel Evans
Date posted 11 December 2018 2018-12-112019-02-09 property-and-housing UK Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.uk https://www.robertwalters.co.uk/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/logo.gif
My client, an exciting privately-owned property development business, are looking for a Senior Finance Manager to join their London head office.
Working closely with the Finance Director, the Senior Finance Manager will take ownership of the day to day running of the finance function. The role oversees the transactional finance teams, as well as the financial and management reporting process for the company.
The company is expanding all the time, so there will also be a great deal of exposure to acquisitions and disposals, and other ad hoc projects alongside the FD.
The Senior Finance Manager will also oversee a large team, so previous team management experience in a hands on environment is very important.
Key responsibilities include:
- Co-ordinate the year-end audit process as well as manage the day-to-day relationship with the external auditors and identify and implement improvements to the audit process;
- Co-ordinate the preparation of subsidiary statutory accounts;
- Lead the transactional accounting team in all aspects of AP, AR and cash management including the timely close of monthly accounting activities;
- Identify and implement process improvement initiatives to enhance the performance and efficiency of the transactional accounting function;
- Monitor and ensure compliance with financial covenants in respect of the various financing facilities;
- Oversee the preparation of management accounts for all UK companies, liaising closely with the Head of FP&A to deliver the monthly close and reporting process;
- Ensure all finance processes and controls are documented and reviewed regularly to ensure controls are robust and operating effectively;
- Oversee and support the UK operating businesses with their financial processes to ensure operational risk is managed appropriately;
- Work closely with the Group Tax Manager to ensure VAT/ corporate/ income tax returns are prepared and submitted on an accurate and timely basis;
- Provide technical accounting support to the Finance Director and members of the finance team;
- Support the Finance Director with ad hoc projects in particular in respect of potential acquisitions.
The ideal candidate will be:
- ACA qualified, Big 4 preferred
- Previous team management experience
- Strong technical IFRS knowledge
- Real estate interest
- Confident, hands on and adaptable
- Strong Excel
To apply for this exciting opportunity, please get in touch!