Financial Controller- Law Firm
Consultant Matthew Earnshaw
Date posted 10 December 2018 2018-12-102019-02-08 accountancy UK Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.uk https://www.robertwalters.co.uk/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/logo.gif
Financial Controller – Leeds A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a Financial Controller to join the finance team of a leading firm based in Leeds. This is a number one role Fiance reporting into the Partners. You will head up the Finance team
Financial Controller – Leeds
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a Financial Controller to join the finance team of a leading firm based in Leeds. This is a number 1 role in Finance reporting into the Partners. You will head up the Finance team
The appointed Financial Controller will be required to:
- Provide any and all Financial Information to the Members including but not limited to the preparation of:
- Monthly Management Accounts.
- Monthly, quarterly and yearly budgeting forecasting.
- Provide analysis of financial information to the Members.
- Collate and analyse financial information relating to departments, teams and individuals within the business.
- Provide clear and concise reporting to the Members.
- Maintain and manage the cash flow of the business.
- Assist in strategic decision making regarding the business.
- Support the Members in directing and controlling the financial management of the practice, including strategy to ensure compliance with the Solicitors’ Accounts Rules and budgetary limits.
- Supervision of VAT returns ensuring compliance with all VAT regulations and requirements and provide advice and guidance as required.
- Preparation and reconciliation of monthly payroll through liaison with HR
- Ensure timely and accurate payment of staff, supervision of HMRC year-end returns, P11 Ds, P60s etc.
- Deal with ad-hoc requests for example reporting and providing management information to the Members on a daily basis.
- Deal with general banking requirements and liaison with the firm’s bankers, including deposit and withdrawals of cash and cheques with special clearance where necessary and the arrangement for incoming and outgoing TT payments
- Be fully conversant with the Solicitors’ Accounts Rules, Deposit Account Rules, Professional Conduct Rules and any other good practice requirements necessary in the execution of duties and to ensure full compliance with the same.
The Ideal candidate Should be:
- Either Qualified ACCA/ACA/CIMA or Qualified by experience
- Either experience working in a Legal Firm or Professional services
- Strong Management Experience
- Ability to Analyse and provide meaningful MI to the Board
For further information on this Financial Controller role in Leeds, please contact Matthew Earnshaw at Robert Walters (Leeds Office) on 07741 307 316 or firstname.lastname@example.org.