Financial Controller - Media
Consultant Anna Penny
Date posted 22 October 2018UK Robert Walters United Kingdom
One of the largest independent marketing services businesses in the world, working with experts who consult, reengineer and execute global supply chain solutions are looking for a Financial Controller to join their sociable, dynamic team. With over 350 people across 22 offices in 19 countries – it’s a fantastic time to join this growing brand.
One of the largest independent marketing services businesses in the world, working with experts who consult, reengineer and execute global supply chain solutions are looking for a Financial Controller to join their sociable, dynamic, London team. With over 350 people across 22 offices in 19 countries – it’s a fantastic time to join this growing brand.
Purpose of the role
The role is pivotal to the European finance team and reports directly to the European Finance Director having significant interaction with commercial teams and central service functions. The role oversees financial control for the UK & Ireland operations (approximately EUR 60m of revenue) and supports the European Finance Director in the planning, reporting and analysing of Europe-wide financial performance.
- Ensure monthly management reporting is to a high standard and in accordance with IFRS/UK GAAP
- Coordination of Europe-wide financial reporting, working with the business to interpret performance metrics against expectations, prior periods or industry standards and supporting actions for improvement
- Reporting functional performance, working alongside functional budget holders to understand and manage their numbers
- Develop sound understanding of operational and financial workflow and reporting systems within the business, recommending and supporting improvements
- Help to drive a performance culture and challenge the status quo.
- Coordinate the European planning processes in line with group guidelines and in conjunction with commercial and functional teams – includes monthly forecasts and an annual budget
- Specific responsibility for UK & Ireland forecasting, in particular non-trading costs and balance sheet and cashflow projection
- Preparation of cash forecasts for the UK & Ireland, supplier payment planning and management of receivables factoring arrangement in respect of sales invoicing.
- Review foreign exchange exposures and work alongside the group treasury team to mitigate this risk
- Support regional management from an accounting and control perspective on business growth opportunities
- Ensuring the delivery of commercial analysis and appropriate modelling in support of significant strategic projects.
- Fully qualified accountant or similar qualification/experience
- At least 4 years financial accounting experience
- Excellent IT skills - ideally financial modelling skills and working knowledge of database management systems, advanced Excel
- Honest, accountable and self-driven - comfortable working under time pressure and willingness to, where necessary, adopt a ‘sleeves rolled-up’ approach
- Good communication skills, articulate, with presence and a challenging style
- Ability to demonstrate an energetic partner orientated approach
- An innovative thinker with the potential to develop and grow with the business
Based in stunning offices in Central London, this is a superb opportunity for a qualified accountant who is technically minded but commercailly savvy to join a fantastic global media company. For more information please email email@example.com.