Senior Finance Manager- UK&I Reporting
Salary £78,000 - £85,000 per annum + bonus and benefitsFULL_TIME
Consultant Robert Patterson
Date posted 19 October 2018 2018-10-192018-12-18 accountancy UK
Currently recruiting for a Senior Finance Manager to head up UK&I reporting for a progressive PLC business in Luton. Great progression on offer and suits both candidates from a practice or industry background. JOB PURPOSE This role exists to take ownership for all technical accounting and reporting requirements, including ensuring that accounting and external financial reporting are technically compliant, accurate and of a reasonable standard compared with peer group the board and senior management have appropriate understanding of the technical accounting environment relevant to the business.
- Take ownership of co-ordination and implementation of new accounting standards, including detailed understanding of the standard and the impact on the business, impact analyses, the implementation process, disclosure preparation and communication with Board and Senior Management.
- Partner with senior stakeholders and have the confidence to present and challenge board on technical enquiries
- Prepare and present reports to the Audit Committee and senior management on technical matters.
- Active involvement in new projects/business change to ensure that accounting implications are fully understood.
- Assist in the preparation of technical areas of the Annual Report (e.g. change in accounting policies) and review the whole Annual Report for technical compliance, best practice disclosure and accuracy.
- Review other statutory financial statements for compliance with local GAAP and legal regulations.
- Conduct the first review of the management reports, including the Board packs.
- Oversee production and maintenance of the group accounting manual, taking responsibility for drafting of complex areas.
- Keep up to date with technical advancements and assess the impact on the business
- Work collaboratively with the wider Financial Control team to ensure successful delivery of the teams objectives.
KEY SKILLS REQUIRED
- Hold a recognised accountancy qualification, probably ACA/CA or equivalent non-UK qualification.
- Minimum 2:1 degree, in a well-regarded university.
- Recent technical experience.
- Balances strong accounting technical knowledge with commercial awareness.
- Effective presentation skills (written and oral); and ability to flex style to communicate at all levels up to the PLC Board, including the ability to simplify complex technical areas.
- Able to build and maintain effective working relationships with people at all levels both within and outside the business.
- Able to take a flexible approach in a dynamic environment to meet tight deadlines.
- A true self- starter (and finisher), with high levels of motivation and enthusiasm.
If this could be you or anyone in your network, feel free to drop me an email on email@example.com