Head of Finance Operations
Consultant Sabina Yasmin
Date posted 14 September 2018 2018-09-142018-10-14 accountancy UK Robert Walters United Kingdom
This individual will be responsible for the day-to-day management and control of finance teams ensuring that all aspects of financial accounting, management accounting and treasury management are delivered to high professional standards. This will initially be a 6 month FTC with a view for it potentially converting to perm.
The candidate should be able to assist in the strategic financial planning of the organisation and ensuring that the finance team deliver results in a timely manner. They be responsible for the effective operation of the financial controls environment following best practice and to ensure that all statutory obligations are complied with. The Head of Finance Operations will lead and inspire the Finance team to deliver an effective and highly regarded enabling service ensuring sound and appropriate financial advice is given and management information available on a timely basis to ensure all key decisions are appropriately actioned.
- Business forecasting and financial planning
- Driving financial & operational performance
- Cash flow and cost analysis
- Preparing and delivering monthly reports and financial forecasts
- Day to day management of a team of 35 employees ranging from Transactional through to Qualified Accountants
- Management of long term business plans and drive improvements where necessary
- Monthly budgeting and cost allocation
- Accurate and timely completion of month end processes
- Ongoing development of financial systems and processes
- Supporting commercial, investment and strategic decisions
The ideal candidate will be:
- Qualified (ACA/ACCA/CIMA) ideally with strong financial experience
- Pragmatic and commercially focused
- Strategically and analytically minded
- Possess strong technical reporting skills
- Ability to work under pressure and adaptable to change
- Ability to lead, influence and develop
- Strong team management and leadership
- Excellent communication and rapport building skills
- Strong relationship building skills and the ability to manage numerous stakeholders
- Advanced Excel skills
We are looking to appoint a highly collaborative, qualified accountant with experience in leading and managing a finance department. This is a unique chance to join an organisation where you can make a difference.
Ideally you will have worked in a senior finance capacity in a fast paced financial environment dealing with financial planning & analysis and have the ability to manage all financial transactions with a hands on approach to management accounts. You should be able to make key decisions that will impact the business.
This is a strategic role which covers financial and management reporting, budgeting and forecasting and transactional processing, along with providing commercial information. For more information please contact Sabina Yasmin on Sabina.email@example.com