Salary Competitive Benefits
Consultant Emily Roberts
Date posted 24 August 2018 2018-08-242018-10-23 leisure-and-sport UK Robert Walters United Kingdom
The England & Wales Cricket Board is a dynamic sports business. This Financial Controller role based at Lords (St Johns Wood) will play an important part in sharpening and promoting tight financial disciplines and procedures. This role will operate at a high level within the ECB and will be expected to have significant stakeholder engagement at all levels of the business.
The England and Wales Cricket Board is the national governing body for all cricket in England and Wales, supporting the game at every leve - from grassroots to professional.
Cricket is a force for good and makes an enduring impact on people's lives. It provides great entertainment. It teaches important skills, both physical and social. It can help inclusion and social cohesion. It's something for everyone to watch, play or enjoy across genders, age, disability and diverse communities.
You'll love this job if...
- You have the ability to bring fresh ideas whilst ensuring best practice is being adhered to on a continuous improvement basis to improve quality and/or efficiency
- You are a collaborative team player
- You have excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work effectively with multiple stakeholders at all levels
- You have the ability to work in a fast paced and often high-pressure environment
You will be doing..
- Assuming responsibility for all areas of financial control, management accounting and reporting for all areas of the ECB
- Assuming a leadership role for a number of direct and indirect reports
- Supporting the team in preparing monthly and annual statutory financials and facilitating interim and year-end audit processes
- Ensuring delivery of a comprehensive set of controls and budget designed to mitigate risk, enhance the accuracy of the company's reporting financial results, and ensuring the reported results comply with international financial reporting standards
- Driving improvements and efficiencies to monthly and annual budgeting & forecasting, providing analysis as required to support central functions and management team
- Communicating clearly with central teams to address any technical accounting issues or queries
- Business partnering with internal and external stakeholders, providing financial advice to support key decisions
- Implementation and developing robust financial processes to drive efficiency and promote best practice
- Travelling to the ECB sites to support the regional teams; maintaining training / engagement with head office processes
- Assisting with training and development of junior staff to suit the needs of the finance team
- A recognised accounting qualification: ACA or equivalent
- Proven experience within a senior finance position, with strong tehcnical knowledge, and extensive experience overall combined accounting and finance experience (post-qualification)
- Experience with preparing management and regulatory financial statements, period end close processes, and auditor liaison
- Thorough knowledge of IFRS reporting
- Sound decision making skills, with business acumen
- People management experience
If you are interested in hearing more about this postion, please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org or click to apply.