Salary £300 - £400 per day
Consultant Marcus Pratt
Date posted 24 August 2018 2018-08-242018-09-23 accountancy UK Robert Walters United Kingdom
Currently working with a market leading company based in Warrington that currently has a need for Financial Planning and Accounting Manager to work closely with this international department. This role is initially interim however can be made permanent for the right candidate
This role is within the International financial services group and will have primary responsibilities for financial accounting but also FP&A for various parts of the business
Principle Duties and responsibilities
- Liaise with the offshore shared service centre in ensuring the month end close has been undertaken in accordance with process and timetable
- Developing and maintaining process with the offshore shared service centre
This role will also encompass some FP&A responsibilities for the UK and other assigned entities.
- The FPA will be the link between Operations and Finance in all operational activity requiring a significant finance input.
- FPA will work with the tax department to ensure statutory and tax compliance is completed in line with local deadlines, avoiding penalties.
- Understanding and applying local regulations, leading the local administration teams in ensuring correct reporting locally.
- Liaise with internal audit regarding their findings and alert internal audit where risks are such that a review should be planned.
- Guiding operations through the budgeting and monthly forecasting cycles, providing expert support to those utilising Hyperion Planning tools to maintain and report financial information.
- Identify new controls and maintain existing control documentation to ensure completeness and accuracy of financial information (close the books controls).
- Liaise with OSC at month end to ensure the accounts are closed with complete and accurate figures. Reflect accruals and provisions based on discussions with Operations.
- Conduct month end reporting analysis
- Production of consolidated ABSEL financial statements and its constituent entities on an quarterly and annual basis for audit and sign off by the UK Statutory Auditors.
- Responsible for preparation and compilation of year-end audit schedules.
- Researching and establishing processes for UK and US GAAP changes
- Point of contact for external auditors.
Knowledge, skills and abilities
Qualified accountant, or equivalent technical knowledge
Ability to work with globally distributed teams.
Excellent oral and written communication skills.
Operational understanding of ERP systems (preferably Oracle).
High intermediate or advanced spreadsheet use preferable.
If you would like to be consider for this interim role or indeed are interested from a permanent perspective then please contact Marcus Pratt on 0161 240 7462 or email Marcus.email@example.com