Commercial Finance Controller
Salary £450 - £500 per day
Consultant Hannah Bottrill
Date posted 01 August 2018 2018-08-012018-08-31 retail UK Robert Walters United Kingdom
This 6 month role as Commercial Finance Controller will require an immediately available, qualified accountant to take full ownership of the financial planning and analysis function of this globally recognised British high street brand. Based in Central London
As the interim Commercial Finance Controller your key responsibilities will include:
- Complete ownership and responsibility of all trading analysis, including all ad-hoc analysis and regular weekly and monthly reporting.
- Complete ownership and responsibility of Supplier Income process, including income recognition, auditor sign-off, forecasting and reporting.full Ownership for all trading forecasts, including budget, 2 mid-year cycles and strategic plan.
- Full responsibility for the Sales and Margin month end and maintenance of ledgers.Ownership of cash reporting and supporting trading team on meeting cash targets, particularly around HY and FY. Reviewing and sign-off daily phasing of trading sales budget on a weekly basis.
- Managing commercial projects. This includes supporting in business case financials with good level of due diligence and post completion reviews of such projects.
- Full accountability for daily and weekly sales reporting, and production of the trading pack used in the weekly trading meeting.
Requirements for the role:
- Must be immediately available to work in Central London.
- Must be a Qualified Accountant with at least 5 years post qualified experience – ACA, CIMA or equivalent preferred.
- Must have Experience of multi-site retail / fmcg.
- Strong Commercial finance experience including analysis.
- Strong PC skills, capable of managing large volumes of data but summarising into clear information and results to aid clarity of decision making.
- Highly numerate with an ability to identify / analyse key levers within the P&L.
- Needs to possess excellent leadership qualities and the ability to be assertive when required but must also be able to work effectively and maturely as part of a senior finance team.
- Needs excellent inter-personal and communication skills encompassing patience, tact and diplomacy and showing a commitment to open communication