Financial Controller (Brentford based)
Salary £65,000 - £75,000 per annum
Location West LondonFULL_TIME
Consultant Emily Roberts
Date posted 18 July 2018 2018-07-182018-09-16 leisure-and-sport UK Robert Walters United Kingdom
A growing VC backed leisure business based in Brentford are looking for a Financial Controller to join their newly created finance function.
My client within the leisure sector has recently both been acquired by a London based investment firm. There are 2 growing activity/leisure businesses within their portfolio and the businesses are taking advantage of their joint ownership structure to develop a shared service capability in finance. It is an exciting time to join the business as they have a fantastic plantform for growth within the market.
Job title: Financial Controller
Role based: Brentford
Salary: Negotiable dependant on experience (max around £80k)
Reporting to: Group CFO / FD
As Financial Controller you will maintain and develop effective financial control across both businesses, taking ownership and responsibility for the day to day finance function. A critical element of the role will be the oversight of a robust system of financial control to include aligning / streamlining processes that currently exist in each of the separate businesses and ensuring that all core processes and procedures are full understood and documented.
Other core elements include production of financial accounts, MIS reporting including cash flow, flash reporting and cost analysis together with management of all financial systems. You will be an essential part of the central team, and will be expected to support your colleagues to ensure a full understanding of the financial performance of the businesses against its budget and growth expectations.
• Production of month end and Flash results, Management Accounts and Financial Board pack
• Weekly cash flow reporting
• Understanding models used for business plans and budgeting
• Ensuring cash, revenue and stock management processes are clearly followed and therefore reconciliation process is aligned
• Manage payroll process including outsource agency and auto-enrolment
• Manage the year end audit and tax process across.
• Management of the finance team including staff development and team building
• Control of the balance sheet and monthly pack
• Manage accounting systems and effect process change
• Qualified ACA, CIMA ACCA or equivalent with demonstrative experience of previous Financial Management or Controller position
• Leisure/Retail or multi-site experience is essential
• Experience in leading the year end audit and tax process with advisor
• Experience in developing a Finance Team by setting clear direction, clarifying expectations and providing personal development
• Experience of finance monitoring and control as well as budgetary and year-end disciplines
• Experience in making change/improvements and not settling for the status quo
If you are interested in this position please click to apply or email me for more details at email@example.com.