Group Financial Controller
Salary £70,000 - £80,000 per annum
Consultant Marcus Blackburn
Date posted 16 June 201811 Slingsby Place, St Martin's Courtyard London, WC2E 9AB Robert Walters United Kingdom
My client is a large customer centric financial services institution with global operations spanning a number of international territories in both established and emerging markets. This is an exciting time to join the UK operation as a Group Financial Controller, as they continue their journey of growth.
We are looking for an experienced finance professional to report directly into the Finance Director, taking control of the UK finance function consisting of financial reporting, audit, treasury and tax matters. The role will include building and developing a robust finance function to support continued growth.
Key duties and responsibilities:
- Preparation of monthly management accounts, working with regional finance heads, co-ordinate the monthly timelines, consolidate results and commentary for the leadership team.
- Review monthly balance sheet reconciliations, completion and review of required supporting schedules for the month end process, reconciliation of intercompany transactions and balances, stock, fixed and intangible asset management.
- Responsible for year-end preparation, close process and statutory consolidation of all subsidiaries.
- Year-end audit and accounts submission, own relationship with auditors, co-ordinating audit work across markets, and final preparation of group and individual stand-alone accounts. Work with tax team on tax accounts and computations.
- Provide technical accounting advice for share options, intangible assets, leases, revenue recognition and other ad-hoc advice as required.
- Update the finance function on changes to accounting standards and other industry / regulatory developments.
- Internal control and compliance, review existing finance processes and identify system and process improvements to streamline and add efficiency to the output of the finance function, full review and implementation of key internal controls and cost control procedures, responsible for company compliance filings.
Skills and experience required include:
A Qualified Accountant – ACA preferred, with demonstrable PQE gained in a complex matrix environment. You must possess strong experience developing a robust financial control environment whilst also demonstrating commercial awareness and an ability to understand trading metrics & key drivers which impact revenue and a significant cost base.
Proven experience within the financial services sector is essential – insurance/ investment management sector experience would be of particular interest. Strong communication skills and an ability to interpret and present complex data to a variety of stakeholder’s is essential.
Apply below or to find out more about this job, please contact Marcus Blackburn at Robert Walters plc on Marcus.Blackburn@robertwalters.com or call +44 161 214 7400.