Group Financial Controller
Salary £70,000 - £75,000 per annum + Extensive
Consultant Tom Barlow
Date posted 08 June 201811 Slingsby Place, St Martin's Courtyard London, WC2E 9AB Robert Walters United Kingdom
My client is a fast growing technology business based in Basingstoke. Due to a recent growth, they are looking to appoint a Group Financial Controller to maintain the integrity of financial reporting within the group, develop and support systems to support such reporting and ensure control processes are fit for purpose.
This is an exciting opportunity to work within a dynamic, vibrant environment with great exposure to senior management.
Duties will include:
- Prepare monthly management accounts and supplementary analyses in format agreed with Management and Main Board
- Prepare monthly accounts on a statutory basis and reconcile to management accounts
- Negotiate annual Group audit fee
- Act as primary contact with the Group Auditors
- Ensure statutory accounts for various countries are filed within 4 months of year end
- Establish, and update as necessary, accounting policies for the group
- Act as a source of technical guidance to regional Finance Directors and their staff
- Attend and present at the meetings of the Group Audit and Risk committee
- Maintain and develop reporting systems and processes to automate/streamline reporting
- Undertake role of Global Process Lead for Balance Sheet Reconciliation Policy
- Undertake role as Subject Matter Expert for Group JDE implementation and work closely with Project teams on core system design, defect remediation and process improvement
- In agreement with Group Audit and Risk committee, design and implement appropriate control systems to safeguard the assets of the Group
- Work closely with Internal Audit to own, implement and refine the SOX controls. Liaise, as necessary, with parent company and internal auditors with regard to compliance and appropriateness
- Cash flow management and forecasting on a consolidated, group-wide basis
- Manage and develop direct and indirect reports
- Ad hoc projects.
The successful candidate should ideally be a qualified accountant (ACA/ACCA or overseas equivalent) with at least 6+ years post qualification experience. This needs to encompass detailed knowledge of IFRS, consolidation accounting and fair valuation
Required Skills & Competencies
- Has experience working in an international group and a technical accounting environment
- Exposure to working in a matrix organization across regions and product lines
- Team player, relationship building approach and experience working as a 'business partner'
- Demonstrable track record of strong people management
- Can demonstrate and clearly articulate commercial acumen
- Ability to challenge peers and superiors in a constructive and professional manner
- Provide solutions to problems
- Highly self-motivated and directed
- High attention to detail and the ability to work accurately
- Excellent written, oral, and interpersonal skills
- Excellent MS Excel skills
- Ability to work under pressure and deliver results
- Additional language would be an advantage
Our client is a market leader that has a reputation for nurturing and developing their employees and providing long term career opportunities.