Divisional Finance Controller
Consultant Neil Rogerson
Date posted 25 June 201811 Slingsby Place, St Martin's Courtyard London, WC2E 9AB Robert Walters United Kingdom
Scientific Games has partnered with Robert Walters to recruit a Divisional Finance Controller to join their growing finance team based in Manchester.
Scientific Games is a NASDAQ listed, global leader in the gaming and lottery industries, with Global headquarters in Las Vegas and over 9,500 staff across the world.
The Group is on a mission to create the world’s best gaming and lottery experience for its customers.
The Group operates through three divisions – Gaming, Lottery and Digital. Collectively these offer customers a fully integrated technology platform and a customer focuses experience.
All of Scientific Games’ divisions and employees are guided by the same core values:
By the Rules: Maintain integrity in everything we do.
To Improve the Game: Continuously innovate and raise the bar.
With Passion: We love what we do and have fun doing it!
Smart: Take ownership and hold ourselves accountable.
Together: One mission, one team, one Scientific Games.
To Win: Surpass the expectations of our stakeholders.
Divisional Finance Controller key responsibilities:
- Manage a divisional reporting team on the production of the divisional performance
- Lead the completion of month end postings, reconciliations and reports to a demanding timeframe
- Coordinate the monthly management accounts together with supporting schedules and management information
- Balance sheet reconciliations and investigation of queries – ensuring the balance sheet remains “clean” and all issues and opportunities are identified and resolved
- Liaison with internal budget holders and other key stakeholders on management results and the commercial impact of divisional performance
- Ensure the Divisional performance is prepared in accordance with the Group accounting standards
- Support in the monthly forecasts and annual budget process
- Support in the preparation of statutory accounts, tax compliance and audit schedules
- Identify best practice processes and efficiencies to successfully manage change
- Work with external advisors and internal corporate functions (tax, internal audit and treasury)
- Adherence to policies and procedures, including SOX framework
- Other duties that may be required from time to time
Divisional Finance Controller key requirements:
- The ideal candidate will be confident in dealing with any individuals within the Group and with external contacts.
- Able to follow detailed instructions accurately
- ACA, ACCA, CIMA qualified
- A team player who is happy to work in an environment of mutual support
- Able to prioritise own workload and manage time
- Able to bring energy and enthusiasm
- Flexible and willing to assist where required
- Approachable in nature and able to work well with non-financial areas of the business
- Good interpersonal skills and a high level of customer service
- Good attention to detail
This is a fantastic opportunity to join as the business enters a key period of growth. For more information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 01612147400
All third-party applications will be sent to Robert Walters.