Head of Accounting Shared Services
Salary £60,000 - £70,000 per annum
Consultant Katherine Allwood
Date posted 25 June 201811 Slingsby Place, St Martin's Courtyard London, WC2E 9AB Robert Walters United Kingdom
Scientific Games has partnered with Robert Walters to recruit a Head of Accounting Shared Services for its new Shared Service Centre (SSC) based in Greater Manchester.
Scientific Games is a NASDAQ listed, global leader in the gaming and lottery industries, with Global headquarters in Las Vegas and over 9,500 staff across the world.
The Group is on a mission to create the world’s best gaming and lottery experience for its customers.
The Group operates through three divisions – Gaming, Lottery and Digital. Collectively these offer customers a fully integrated technology platform and a customer focuses experience.
All of Scientific Games’ divisions and employees are guided by the same core values:
By the Rules: Maintain integrity in everything we do.
To Improve the Game: Continuously innovate and raise the bar.
With Passion: We love what we do and have fun doing it!
Smart: Take ownership and hold ourselves accountable.
Together: One mission, one team, one Scientific Games.
To Win: Surpass the expectations of our stakeholders.
Business partnering with stakeholders both internally and externally, the Head of Accounting Shared Services will be leading the newly created SSC through a period of change and growth.
Head of Accounting Shared Services key responsibilities:
- managing the transactional finance team, encouraging the team KPI targets and ensuring cover during busy times
- working with the rest of business to make sure the service delivery is to a high standard
- identifying and implementing best practice for all processes, including improving systems within the centre as required
- ensuring credit policies are in place and that debts are managed, promptly collected and escalated, in accordance with the agreed procedures
- harmonising and standardising systems and procedures to ensure services are delivered in the most effective manner
- developing and implementing policies and procedures appropriate for the department, including SOX framework
Head of Accounting Shared Services key requirements:
- Qualified Accountant (ACA/ACCA/CIMA or overseas equivalent)
- Strong experience in an SSC environment or within a large finance team
- Thorough approach to work
- Strong working knowledge of all Microsoft office packages; Outlook, Word and Excel
- Any languages would be an advantage, but not essential
- Exposure to international regulations would be beneficial
To apply please click below or send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call on +44 (0)161 214 7400.
All third-party applications will be sent to Robert Walters.