Salary £50,000 - £60,000 per annum + Bonus + Car Allowance
Consultant Vilma Kurpreka
Date posted 01 May 201811 Slingsby Place, St Martin's Courtyard London, WC2E 9AB Robert Walters United Kingdom
Staysure, a leading travel insurance provider, has partnered with Robert Walters to recruit an experienced and motivated Financial Controller to join it's team based in Northampton. As the Financial Controller you will work closely with the Head of Finance and CEO, Ensuring the effective financial accounting across the Business in both the short and long term.
As Staysure continues to grow, their priority remains to deliver the best possible customer experience and quality products while becoming a lifestyle brand for the over 50s - from travel and insurance to health and wealth.
The Financial Controller will be based within the Finance team in Lakeside, Northampton. You will be working closely with the Head of Finance and CEO, Ensuring the effective financial accounting across the Business in both the short and long term.
Financial Controller key role responsibilities:
- Lead and manager a team of 6 direct reports, ensuring the effective operations of AP, AR and Payroll
- Plan and coordinate the year end statutory accounts and audit process
- First contact for External Auditors and responsible for the preparations of annual accounts and Tax analysis, Corporate Tax, VAT inc. Partial Exemption, Transfer Pricing and Payroll
- Responsible for the statutory accounts preparation under FRS102/UK GAAP
- Interpretation of IFRS and UK GAAP to recommend accounting solutions
- Reviewing of balance sheet reconciliations, MI reporting and daily cash management
- Provide detailed technical accounting advice to find solutions for new development and strengthen balance sheet positions
- Get involved in multiple project streams, negotiate and lead acquisitions and implementation of new ERP system
- Managing and developing financial controls and systems, both within the Finance department and across the organisation i.e. Budgets, PO system, expenses policy, credit control and cash flow policies
Financial Controller key role requirements:
- CIMA, ACCA, or ACA qualified, with a strong academic background
- Detailed knowledge of UK GAAP, FRS102 and working knowledge of full IFRS statutory accounting
- Strong familiarity with UK income, VAT, payroll and other relevant tax schemes applicable to the company’s operations
- Expert knowledge of all regulatory requirements
- Strong planning and management skills
- Strong commercial acumen
- Experience within a similar role, Insurance or FS background is highly beneficial.
Set up in 2004 Staysure has grown and is continuing to grow rapidly through acquisitions and organic growth – circa £110m turnover to date.
The business is recognised as a major success story, winning ‘Best Travel Insurance Provider' for 2016 and 2017 at the highly respected British Travel Awards, ‘Most Trusted Travel Insurance Provider 2017’ at the Moneywise Customer Service Awards and ‘Voice of the Employee Award 2017’ for their ongoing work to develop some of the best employee experience initiatives in the UK. And have been shortlisted for "Most Trusted Travel Insurance Provider" at the Moneywise Costumer Service Awards 2018".
The company were also winners of the Business of the Year award category at the 2017 Robert Walters Finance Awards, demonstrating their exceptional development and growth throughout the year.
Please note, all third party applications will be send through to Robert Walters.