European Financial Controller
Salary £75,000 - £80,000 per annum + discretionary bonus, benefits
Consultant Dan Cohen
Date posted 13 April 201811 Slingsby Place, St Martin's Courtyard London, WC2E 9AB Robert Walters United Kingdom
An international shipping and professional services business, with operations across Europe, America and the Far East are recruiting for a European Financial Controller
My client, a leader in shipping and professional services, are going through a transition, with an integration and business improvement plan in progress, covering systems development, finance function transformation and legal restructure projects.
The European Financial Controller will be comfortable working in a changing environment, have a clear understanding of best practice finance and will have the gravitas to drive and influence these improvements. Once the integration is achieved, the role will transition into a broader regional controllership position.
The European Financial Controller will have responsibility for:
- Full management of the FP&A process for the business unit, and supporting the European Region, including monthly reports, regional consolidations, budgets, forecasts and KPIs
- Management of a team of 2 direct reports and overview of 4 remote teams
- Acting as a key participant in systems improvement programmes, covering operations and finance
- Supporting stakeholders in various projects, including tenders, client workouts, cost / benefit analyses and strategic business development.
- Management of Regional Treasury processes
- Management of financial compliance environment and implementation of best practice
- Overseeing Statutory requirements and Tax declarations
- Management of establishment costs and allocations ensuring compliance with Transfer Pricing principles
The successful candidate will be / have:
- Qualified accountant (ACCA, CIMA, ACA or other overseas equivalent)
- An all-rounder, with the ability to get involved to understand underlying processes
- The individual will have worked in a multi-national organisation, possibly in a Regional or Divisional Headquarters, with experience in a strong compliance environment. This will include the ability to work with and support remote reports that may have a lower base of skills.
- Experience in the Insurance, Energy or Engineering sectors, or other professional services activities are desirable.
- Proven experience of involvement or leadership in change management projects, including systems design and implementation
For a more informal discussion please contact Dan Cohen on dan.cohen@robertwalters..com / 0207 509 8139 or Richard Boyd on firstname.lastname@example.org / 0207 5098143