Salary £50,000 - £65,000 per annum
Consultant Lisa Ahmed
Date posted 20 March 201811 Slingsby Place, St Martin's Courtyard London, WC2E 9AB Robert Walters United Kingdom
Robert Walters are working in partnership with a successful Manufacturing and Engineering business in the Banbury area to recruit for a Financial Controller paying a salary of between £50,000 - £65,000.
Dealing with daily ambiguity requires you to demonstrate sound judgement without all the facts and information. Managing strong-personality stakeholders in a matrixed structure, you’ll robustly challenge decisions and processes bringing your analytical and influencing to the fore. You must be a self-starter. Un-fazed by deadlines, you’ll be a leader to the wider finance team, driving sustainable profitability into the business.
It is a broad remit and your influence will stretch from multi-year, multi million-pound programmes to ensuring the right decisions are taken across their engineering and manufacturing facilities. This will include facilitating positive supplier relationships and achieving optimal stock as sales volumes increase in line with the business plan.
- Provide accurate and timely financial information to support finance and management teams, including presentation of summary information pack to local management
- To maintain and improve business models to support latest forecasts, annual budgets and long term strategic planning
- Support the preparation of month-end reporting, annual budgeting, quarterly re-forecasting and the year-end audit process
- Working closely with the MD and senior management to develop, expand and continuously review financial processes, policy and systems that improve the functioning of Finance and the wider business
- Develop strong internal relationships and play a lead role in coaching operational teams to become more financially aware in their approach to business decisions
- To develop and monitor relevant actual and forecast variance analysis including project and event profitability on a timely basis
- Assist the management team to optimise performance, cost control and drive profitability
- Continuous review of Stock and WIP information to ensure accuracy, to minimise stock obsolescence and ensuring timely closure and billing of project costs
- Develop and coach the Finance Team
If you are interested in this role or know someone that would be suitable please contact me on 01908 044 000 or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org