Group Financial Controller
Salary £100000 - £120000 per annum + Benefits + Bonus
Consultant Melanie Clark
Date posted 17 November 2016
An international media Plc, based in Central London. They are a leading organisation in their field, operating across multiple territories, offering innovative services to clients across all industries. They have experienced a great deal of growth through acquisition and are now going through a period of realigning their strategy for the next stage of growth. An exciting opening has arisen for a broadly experienced Group Financial Controller to report directly to the Group CFO.
This is a particularly exciting company so would attract someone who would like to progress in a dynamic Plc environment. The position would suit a bright, technically strong, ambitious individual, who has experience of Plc reporting, partnering regional managers and adding commercial insight to the numbers.
Responsibilities of the Group Financial Controller include:
- Preparation of year end and interim Plc financial statements, and presentation to the Group CFO and Audit Committee
- Management and integration of the Group’s financial reporting system to new territories to ensure it delivers the Group’s statutory reporting and management information requirements
- Managing the working capital and treasury processes of the Group and its operations to ensure that all covenants and working capital metrics are achieved and that the Group has the appropriate level of cash and working capital
- Implement, audit and maintain appropriate financial controls and processes to ensure good governance and risk mitigation including the management of the Group’s risk register and financial control requirements
- Manage the Group’s annual budget process and quarterly re-forecasting process end-to-end, This process will evolve with growth into new territories.
- Oversee the production of the Group's management accounts on a monthly, quarterly and half-yearly basis and participate in the communication of monthly management information to the Group CEO
- Develop financial planning & analysis; challenging the numbers and providing commercial insight
- Partner the business divisions and regions on budgeting, forecasting, KPI’s and business cases
- Lead the Group’s tax planning - in conjunction with the General Counsel and it’s advisers – in order to optimise the overall effective corporate tax rate
- Participate in the key relationships with lending banks in order to secure continued commitment and to secure necessary future financing, including the preparation and presentation of financial updates to the banks
- M&A transactions and integration support
Group Financial Controller experience required:
- Working with or for a Plc and therefore IFRS
- Financial Planning & Analysis
- Business Partnering and decision support
- Process and systems improvement
- Change management
The successful Group Financial Controller will be technically strong with management experience. You should be outgoing, credible and have a sense of humour. An interest in media is beneficial, although exposure to the industry is not essential. You must be ACA qualified and have broad group financial control experience.
About the company:
The company has a down to earth culture, is incredibly collaborative, progressive and focused on growth. The Group CFO is highly supportive and has reached their position through internal promotion.
If you are interested in this exciting opportunity please contact me or click to apply.