Salary £65000 - £70000 per annum + pension, healthcare
Location Greater Manchester
Consultant James Smith
Date posted 16 November 2016
A Financial Controller is required to join a financial services company based in Manchester. You will be required to provide oversight on all areas of finance from preparing, developing and analysing key financial information to the application of key financial controls for the UK business. UK stand-alone country reporting has only recently been developed and the role holder will be responsible for enhancing the reporting for this newly created business unit.
What will the Financial Controller be responsible for?
- Given the nature of the Group’s accounting for acquired debt portfolios, it would be advantageous for the FC to have some experience of IAS 39 accounting models (IFRS 9 Financial Instruments)
- You will also be required to work with current team to improve the level of oversight over key financial controls (including bank reconciliations, payroll, AP, AR) to ensure the business manages its financial risks appropriately
- You will have to deal the complexity of accounting for financial instruments under IAS 39 and
diverse portfolio acquisition structures. Information flows come from multiple internal and external
- Financial results will have to be prepared on a country reporting basis and a legal entity
basis with appropriate controls between the two basis
- The financial information produced will be used to inform UK business decision making process
requiring the need for high quality, useful and timely produced reporting to allow the business to
monitor progress against objectives. Additionally the UK business results information will form a
significant element of the Group’s external reporting
- You will report to the UK Finance Director and will interact with senior members of the UK
management team. Will be the key member of the UK finance team ensuring an efficient external
- Role holder will manage a team of around 12 through a number of direct reports
If you are interested in finding out more about this first class Financial Controller role in Manchester City Centre then send a up to date copy of you CV to me, or give me a call at the office.