Salary £55 - £60 per annum
Consultant Kristian Lee
Date posted 11 November 2016
An international Manufacturing business based in Blackburn who have experienced a period of internal structural change are seeking an interim Financial Controller on a interim – permanent basis. This opportunity will suit an immediately available Financial Controller or Head of Finance with strong exposure within Manufacturing. This role is paying between £55K - £60K day rate equivalent + excellent company benefits once a permanent appointment is made.
The Financial Controller role and responsibilities include:
- Producing Management Accounts, annual budgets and long term financial plans in conjunction with management teams
- Managing and developing Management Accountant/Finance Assistant or potentially other staff as designated
- Ensuring correct taxation treatment for VAT, income tax, corporation tax etc.
- Making sure that there is adherence to strong financial controls to ensure financial statement accuracy
- Production and review of year end and half year group reporting packs and any relevant statutory accounts in line with group accounting policies
- Preparation of year end tax pack and reference to supporting documentation
- Attendance at management meetings and any other meetings as required
- Ensure all balance sheet accounts are reconciled to supporting documentary evidence and that all reconciliations and support are referenced and filed on the period end file
- Review period end file and management accounts. Ensure all queries and unresolved items from reconciliations, tax department, auditors etc are promptly resolved
- Assistance and liaison with relevant management teams in respect of detailed financial information and the production of annual budgets and rolling forecasts
- Manage year-end audit and periodical stock counts
- Be ACA / ACCA / CIMA qualified and be at least 5 years post qualification is desired
- Possess excellent numeracy skills with attention to detail and accuracy
- Be a team player and an all-rounder whilst also having the ability to work under own initiative
- Strong Excel and system skills
- Experience of working in a busy accounts environment and working to tight deadlines within a fast moving and growing business
This organisation is a rapidly growing Manufacturing business with multiple UK sites and a global client base. This opportunity will suit a highly experienced Financial Controller or Head of Finance who’s seeking either and interim or interim – permanent role with a growing Manufacturing organisation.
Apply below or to find out more about the Financial Controller job contact Kristian Lee on Kristian.Lee@robertwalters.com or call +44161240 7480.