Head of Finance
Salary Car, excellent pension, bonus
Consultant James Smith
Date posted 08 November 2016
A market leading multi-site service business based in Manchester are looking for a Head of Finance to work across 2 key sites. As Head of Finance you will be responsible for all aspects of profit, capex, cash flow and balance sheet integrity, business planning, business performance monitoring (financial and non-financial) financial management, and decision-making.
You will report into the Group Financial Controller but also has a ‘dotted line’ report into the Managing Director who you will work with on a daily basis.
As Head of Finance you will have the following key responsibilities:
- On-site finance lead responsible for providing a comprehensive financial support and business partnering service to the MD and broader leadership team
- Act as a strong Finance Partner to the MD working on maximising value and supporting the development and delivery of the business plan and longer term strategy
- Responsibility for all aspects of business planning, quarterly forecasting and performance review processes, ensuring forecasts are meaningful
- Identifying risk and opportunities around future performance to guide management effort, and putting in place actions to mitigate risks and exploit opportunities
- Driving the quality of the financial outputs of the division, ensuring key financial indicators including free cash, EBITDA and ROCE are achieved
- Providing strong financial review together with effective support for commercial, opex and capex business cases, ensuring they provide clear evaluations and are financially robust
- Ensuring there is both an appropriate financial control framework and effective financial accountability and responsibility across the division
- Ensuring full compliance with management and statutory reporting requirements and deadlines, and company accounting policies
- Contribute views and support as appropriate across a wide range of general business / operational issues that affect the business, from day to day through to strategic management issues/ plans
You will be:
- A first class qualified accountant (ACA,CIMA, ACCA), with a proved track record of leading improvements to financial processes and outputs
- Extremely career motivated - this is a development role to an FD
- An excellent analyst, communicator and have excellent influencing skills
- A strong IT user with excellent spreadsheet knowledge
If you feel you are a credible candidate for this fantastic Head of Finance opportunity based in Manchester or Nottingham then please get in contact.