Group Financial Controller
Consultant Alicia Loates
Date posted 11 October 2016
This position will allow you to manage a team of 9 direct reports (5 remote), business partner with senior stake holders, travel and establish a new reporting structure in the shared service centre. The current Group Financial Controller has worked hard to create a great team of which you will inherit and are used to the fast paced working environment.
About The Group Financial Controller Role:
- Ensure all financial and management reporting for the UK group and London based HQ departments is timely, accurate, reliable and supported by qualitative analysis.
- Lead the monthly, quarterly and annual close processes and liaise with the International Controller.
- Provide monthly/quarterly reporting through standardised balance sheet reviews, quality of earnings and supplementary schedules.
- Ensure all significant transactions are reviewed for appropriate accounting treatment and paper accounting memo’s for complex/material accounting transactions.
- Lead the overall UK statutory and local tax filing/audit process and ensure all other regions local tax and statutory filings/audits are completed and filed timely.
- Lead monthly/quarterly close meetings with the International Controller.
- Responsible for the UK Cluster and International HQ quarterly management representation letter process.
- Provide insightful reporting and analysis for key areas such as programming, A/R, and significant judgemental accruals (e.g. P&R).
- Work with UK CFO/F,P&A to ensure forecast reflects appropriate, timely and accurate legal entity treatment for accounting issues/matters.
About The Person:
- Significant experience at a Senior Management level, including audit background (ACA/CPA/CIMA/ACCA required).
- Solid US and UK GAAP experience
- Strong analytical skills and sound business judgement
- Strong leadership skills – the ability to manage and motivate a team
- Multisite/company environment experience
- Ability to challenge processes and implement change
About The Company:
This business is a house hold name and is a leader in its Industry globally. The organisation has an excellent energy and atmosphere and that is fully reflected in their UK head office.
If you think you are suitable for this role or would like to know more about it, please do not hesitate to apply or email me directly at Alicia.Loates@robertwalters.com
Please do not that this role will not start until December.