Interim Group Financial Controller
Salary £100000 - £110000 per annum + bonus
Consultant Melanie Clark
Date posted 10 October 2016
A fantastic opportunity has arisen in one of the worlds most exciting media companies. The position is a maternity cover for the Group Financial Controller. Working in a fast paced, fluid and exciting environment, the role sits across multiple brands and countries which include UK, Nordics, Central Eastern Europe and Russia.
The Interim Group Financial Controller is responsible for the integrity of all financial and management reporting, and the overall controls in all business processes. They will also oversee all recruiting, retaining & developing of an international team of nine people. The Interim Group Financial Controller will serve as a business partner to the UK CFO and will guide and advise the business’ brands on accounting and control matters.
The Interim Group Financial Controller will be responsible for executing and implementing the US financial leadership’s overall objectives and control plan within the wider region. They will play an active role in the overall finance design as well as any process improvement of the organisation – to include improving the partnering with international counterparts as well as with the Global Shared Service centre.
Responsibilities of the Interim Group Financial Controller include;
- Ensure all financial and management reporting for the UK and region is timely, accurate, reliable and supported by qualitative analysis.
- Lead the monthly, quarterly and annual close processes under US GAAP and liaise with the US Group Finance team Group.
- Provide monthly/quarterly reporting through standardised balance sheet reviews, quality of earnings and supplementary schedules.
- Ensure all significant transactions are reviewed for appropriate accounting treatment and paper accounting memo’s for complex/material accounting transactions.
- Lead the overall UK statutory and local tax filing/audit process and ensure all other regions local tax and statutory filings/audits are completed and filed timely.
- Support Global Compliance and provide a process improvement strategy to the Global Shared Service Centre
- Maintain strong control environment, anticipate risks, and strive to have all passed audit ratings
The successful Interim Group Financial Controller have strong technical accounting skills with extensive US GAAP and international experience, ideally from a media related environment. You will be a qualified ACA/CA who thrives in a fast paced, constantly changing, exciting environment.
If you are interested in this role based in London, please apply today.