Salary £400 - £500 per day
Location City of London
Consultant Hannah Bottrill
Date posted 10 October 2016
Supporting the UK CFO, this role, based in the City of London, will provide a fantastic experience as well as excellent career progression. About the Financial Controller role: As Financial Controller, this exciting opportunity will require you to own the month-end, quarter-end and year-end close for the UK legal entities. You will also support the preparation of internal Controllership reporting, regulatory and statutory reporting for UK legal entities.
- Support the UK CFO in the provision of internal and external financial reporting and maintaining financial control and integrity in line with EMEA Controllership objectives
- Manage and own the month end, quarter end and year end close processes for the UK legal entities, ensuring all internal controls are adhered to
- Work closely with and manage the FSC UK Controllership team to deliver key month end close activities in a timely manner, including Balance sheet reconciliations, allocations and intercompany, top side journals, validation and reviews of the statutory P&L and Balance sheet reports
- Management of financial data integrity through the SOX control framework and systems mapping
- Partner with internal Finance functions, Legal and HR to ensure aligned on accounting policies and procedures
Holding an excellent understanding of controllership activities within the context of a global professional services business, you will have good experience in managing month end close process within a BPO / Shared service model. Effective critical thinking and analytical skills are key for this Financial Controller role, and a proven ability to simplify complicated matters is essential. Already holding financial management experience, you will be able to translate financial data into commercial language, as partnering with non-finance departments is crucial in this Financial Controller role.
This international real estate and property company has an extremely strong presence within the commercial property space and are widely regarded as a market leader. The company has also collected multiple awards and has a strong commitment to train and develop all staff to top standards.
If you are a motivated, ready to step into the next role in your career, and keen to work for a global property business, position is for you.