Head of Finance
Salary £55000 - £65000 per annum
Consultant Andy Chaplin
Date posted 29 September 2016
An opportunity has arise with a Shared Service Brand company based in South Birmingham as a Head of Finance. The primary purpose of the Head of Finance is to be responsible for the operational management of the shared service team, which covers the AP, AR transactional processing and provision of support to multiple Group divisions, as well as leading the General Ledger team in the preparation and management of divisional financial accounts.
The head of Finance is a pivotal role in developing employees within the SSC, and maintaining stakeholder relationships with divisions, Group Finance and Auditors.
In this role, you will:
- Manage the production of monthly management accounts and associated Financial reporting for all subsidiaries including statutory accounts and associated returns
- Demonstrate technical excellence by providing support to the GL team and oversight across all divisional heads
- Continually review processes and procedures to ensure most efficient and effective methodology is continually applied so that deadlines are met within the team
- Provide financial information to the subsidiary group and management teams to facilitate, and be part of strategic decision making
- Actively participate, drive and lead a number of innovative hands on projects within the group
- Monitor tax analysis schedules to ensure they are updated throughout the year, with completed tax packs provided to Group Finance
- Work closely with external auditors and provide assist
- Lead and manage a team of c30 employees, with up to 6 direct reports
- Provide management and leadership to the team, set objectives and encourage an ethos continuous improvement, driving performance in the team through monitoring and reviewing KPI’s and providing an environment where constructive feedback and training becomes ingrained
- Assist with the expansion of the division, including transformation projects, development and recruitment of teams
You will be:
- Qualified Accountant (ACA/ACCA/CIMA)
- Sound Judgement and strong business acumen, able to manage varied stakeholder demands
- Ability to work well with peers and colleagues to drive involvement and engagement
- Credible Shared Services / Global Business Services Expertise
- Strong coaching and people development skills, able to both deliver independently and by teaching/empowering others to deliver
If you are interested in this role contact me on 0121 281 5000.