Salary £90000 - £120000 per annum
Consultant Richard Johnson
Date posted 29 September 2016
An international headquartered Global Banking Group based in Canary Wharf requires an experienced finance professional to lead the Europe and Middle East Finance function. The Financial Controller oversees and manages all aspects of the business unit accounting and reporting services whilst being primary contact to regulatory authorities in Europe and the Middle East.
As Financial Controller, you will lead a small experienced team ensuring accuracy and timeliness of month-end delivery requirements (including statutory and regulatory reporting), registers, schedules, reconciliations, trial balance, and ensuring accounting services are completed to support financial reporting and successful audit completion.
- Manage monthly financial close process, finalising actuals, month on month analytical review and delivery of financial results
- Manage and ensure a robust balance sheet reconciliation and month end process is in place and adhered to
- Review financial statements prior to distribution to directors / officers
- Ensure accuracy and compliance of accounting policies and processes including preparation of journal requests
- Develop and maintain effective relationships (CFO and Business Partners)
- Embed simplification, standardisation and elimination of financial control processes where appropriate
- Recruit, motivate, develop and manage performance of direct reports to ensure quality output and team cohesion
Given the remit of the role, the Financial Controller must be a degree educated qualified accountant with practical knowledge of accounting standards (local and international). Proven management experience is essential however the successful candidate will also demonstrate the ability to get involved with details processes and basic tasks.This is an excellent opportunity to join an international function which, within 2-3 years, will provide progression.
Apply today or call me on 02075098834 to find out more.