Salary £60 - £65 per annum
Consultant James Taylor
Date posted 23 September 2016
Gate Retail Onboard Gmbh, an industry leading retail business providing products, services and solutions related to a passenger’s onboard experience, is seeking a Financial Controller to join their team based in Luton. The Financial Controller will be responsible for all aspects of Gate Retail Onboard accounting and preparing the financial results for the whole division. Understanding the impact of performance on the division’s cash flow is also a key output for this role.
Key responsibilities include:
- coordinating the recording of all required transactions within the SAP general ledger on a periodic basis
- maintaining SAP from a GRO prospective and working closely with the wider business to develop the SAP environment
- managing accuracy of all transactions within the SAP FICO environment to ensure reporting meets compliance requirements
- overseeing proper VAT accounting records and managing the production of all VAT returns
- providing strong support to the European Finance Director to ensure accuracy and consistency in all practices of the Finance team
- liaising with the treasury team to ensure budgeted targets are met and variances are understood by all stakeholders
The successful candidate will be a qualified accountant (ACA/ACCA/CIMA or overseas equivalent) and have strong people management skills. You should have a proven record of reviewing reports (Profit & Loss) and analysing trends. You should also possess an excellent understanding of compliance requirements and management accounting. The ability to identify and implement efficiency improvements within the finance department is important.
To apply for this role, please forward your Curriculum Vitae to James Taylor at Robert Walters, One North Fourth Street, Milton Keynes, MK9 1NE. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or call for a confidential discussion on: +44 (0)1908 044 000. Web: www.robertwalters.co.uk