Group Internal Controls Manager
Salary £80000 - £90000 per annum
Consultant Richard Johnson
Date posted 12 September 2016
A rare Group Internal Controls Manager opportunity has arisen with one of the world’s largest financial services firms based in London for a qualified accountant with significant internal controls experience to facilitate the effective and efficient operation of the internal control framework.
The Group Internal Controls Manager will operate globally ensuring a robust group wide internal control framework is maintained and developed. This will require continual communication with a wide range of senior stakeholders providing counsel, advice and challenge to the 1st line of defence.
Responsibilities will include:
- Monitoring key internal controls to identify and recommend areas for enhancement
- Training, supporting and advising process and control owners on control framework related topics and responsibilities
- Managing a process to identify staff changes that require process and control owners to be reassigned in the ERM system
- Assist with managing and coordinating annual J-SOX internal and external attestation process
- Assist in identifying upcoming governance initiatives and assess their likely impact on internal control framework to facilitate timely preparation and adoption
- Assist with managing 1 junior resource in respect of day-to-day activities and oversight, including professional development
The Group Internal Controls Manager will be a degree educated qualified accountant (ACA/ACCA or international equivalent) with excellent business process, audit and risk mitigation knowledge.
Key skills required:
- Previous experience of implementing and operating an Internal Controls Framework
- Strong understanding of the COSO principals and SOx / J-SOX
- Proven experience within financial services or banking
- Excellent process mapping skills with a good understanding of ERM systems
- Ability to engage at Senior Management level
- Strong planning, analytical and problem solving skills with excellent attention to detail
- Proven ability to influence and work within a team as well as lead junior team members
This is a great opportunity to join one of the world’s largest financial services firms in a newly created high profile role. Progression beyond this role is definitely there given the visibility of the role. How you position yourself in the business will play a key part in how/where you progress.
Apply today or call me on 02075098834 to find out more.