Salary £50,000 - £55,000 per annum
Consultant Tom Hedges
Date posted 27 July 2022midlands accountancy-finance/financial-accountant 2022-07-27 2022-09-25 banking Coventry West Midlands GB GBP 50000 55000 55000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.uk https://www.robertwalters.co.uk/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
Our client, an award-winning and reputable banking service provider based in the Midlands is looking for a Senior Finance Accountant to join the finance department in a time of growth. To oversee efficient and effective financial accounting processes in support of the integrity of the Group’s general ledger, managing a team and the delivery of robust and well-controlled financial information, which is used as the foundation of all of the Group’s financial reporting.
Key Responsibilities of the Senior Accountant
- Manage, coach and develop a team of Accountant/Assistant Accountants, actively engaging, motivating and supporting the development and cross-training of direct reports to deliver sustained on-target performance and realise their potential
- Maintain the integrity of the Group’s financial information at all times, through managing the team’s reconciliation and financial processing activities and ensuring accounting standards are complied with through formal review and approval. Deliver Group financial information on a timely and accurate basis, for use in month-end and year-end reporting
- Management of effective working relationships with key stakeholders, including STBG Finance and Operations teams, ensuring that the Financial Control team adapts to business, accounting, regulatory or industry changes, including merger and acquisition activity as required. Oversee changes to or introduction of new accounting processes to ensure accuracy and completeness of Financial information
- Manage and maintain effective working relationships with key internal providers including Finance Systems Administration, Change and Business Information (BI) teams, and other teams across Group as required
- Contribute to Financial Control change agenda, including development of new ways of working, making better use of available systems, clarifying roles and responsibilities, and simplification of processes
- Drive continuous improvement by proactively identifying opportunities for and managing the implementation of process improvements, automation and providing support for projects and other ad-hoc duties as required
- Manage and maintain good quality auditable records relating to any changes. Support new system, platforms and product implementation and oversee UAT for team activities
- Ensure process documentation is maintained for all key processes in the team
- Maintain a suite of KPIs in relation to Financial Control team performance
- Deliver other ad-hoc tasks/projects as agreed with line manager
Key essentials of the Senior Finance Accountant
- Qualified Accountant (e.g., ACA/ACCA/CIMA)
- Experience in UK Financial Services with demonstrable success leading and motivating a team, preferably in a Finance department
- Computer and IT literate with advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Analytical review skills i.e. the ability to analyse unexpected results and identify variances between actual and planned results
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
At the Robert Walters Group, we endeavour to contact all candidates to register their details. However, due to the high number of applications we receive, if we have not reached out to you within 72 hours, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Salary: £200 - £225 per dayLocation: Stratford-upon-AvonDate posted: 10 August 2022Interim Accountant Warwickshire Office based 3 months £200 to £225 day rate An opportunity has become available for an Interim Accountant to join an established company on a 3 month contract with a day rate of up to £225 (depending on experience) based in Warwickshire. This will be a fantastic opportunity to expand your skills and experience while adding another great company experience to your profile.
Salary: Up to £250 per dayLocation: LeicesterDate posted: 03 August 2022Interim Management Accountant Leicester Hybrid 3 to 6 months Up to £250 day rate An opportunity has become available for an Interim Management Accountant to join an established company on a 3 to 6 month contract with a day rate of up to £250 (depending on experience) based in Leicester. This will be a fantastic opportunity to expand your skills and experience while adding another great company experience to your profile.
Salary: Up to £350 per dayLocation: WarwickDate posted: 02 August 2022Project Accountant Warwick Based Hybrid working 6 month contract Up to £350 day rate inside IR35 Robert Walters has partnered with a well known client who we have worked with many times before, looking for a Project Accountant to join them for 6 months on a hybrid basis. The main focus will be to provide financial support to a number of projects and proactively support the management information, forecast and financial reporting on certain projects.
Salary: £50,000 - £60,000 per annumLocation: BirminghamDate posted: 15 July 2022Our client, an e-commerce organisation with a global footprint are looking for a Senior Financial Accountant to act as a technical expert on complex and specialist subject(s) whilst supporting management with the analysis, interpretation and application of information.
Salary: £200 - £225 per dayLocation: RedditchDate posted: 15 July 2022An opportunity has become available for an Interim Management Accountant to join an established company on a 3 month contract with a day rate of £200 to £225 (depending on experience) based in Redditch. This will be a fantastic opportunity to expand your skills and experience while adding another great company experience to your profile.