Group Financial Accountant
Salary bonus + bens
Consultant Julie Peacock
Date posted 16 November 20192019-11-16 2020-01-15 retail London London GB GBP 45000 52000 52000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.uk https://www.robertwalters.co.uk/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
Are you a driven and career focused ACA seeking a first move from practice? We are currently partnering with an iconic and globally renowned high end luxury retailer. The opportunity presents an ideal first step into industry to gain invaluable finance and wider projects experience. The business will also support a move into the F P & A/ commercial teams within a 15 - 24 month time period. Please read on if you are seeking the opportunity to work within an exceptional team of passionate, forward thinking professionals.
Within this role you will work directly with the Group Finance Manager as well as the senior management team across the business in respect of a range of finance and wider operational activities
Key Responsibilities will include the following
- Support the monthly management reporting process for the Group, ensuring information is produced accurately and on a timely basis
- This will include VAT accounting; work with overseas subsidiaries in regards to monthly reporting; business partner to support payroll; annual tax work; reviews of the wider finance teams accounting processes
- Lead the interim and year end audit process, to include successful management of the relationship with the Big 4 auditors
- Preparation of the consolidated statutory accounts and for the UK subsidiary companies.
- Prepare technical papers for new accounting standards (IFRS) or Companies Act requirements, as required.
- Prepare the UK VAT return on a quarterly basis.
- Provision of support to senior management in regards to ad hoc finance, operational and commercial project work
- Provide support to the wider finance team as and when required.
Please apply if the above excites you and you possess the following essential attributes:
- Ability to build strong relationships across finance as well as the wider business
- Well organised and can plan, prioritise and achieve deadlines
- Team player
- Good attention to detail
Also valuable but not essential :
- Strong excel, business analytics and ERP systems experience, preferably Microsoft Dynamics AX and M3.