Financial Reporting Accountant
Salary £350 - £400 per day
Location Hemel HempsteadCONTRACTOR
Consultant Alex Cabezas
Date posted 15 November 20192019-11-15 2019-12-15 accountancy Hemel Hempstead Hertfordshire GB GBP 350 400 400 DAY Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.uk https://www.robertwalters.co.uk/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
Interim Financial Reporting Accoutnant required for 6 months, for market leader in its field, based in Hemel Hempstead, Herts.
Financial Reporting Accountant - Interim
This role has specific responsibility for preparing the year end statutory accounts and associated analytics for the subsidiaries, managing year end audits and other related year end close activities.
The jobholder will work closely with the finance team and the Global Shared Service Centre.
JOB DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Prepare annual statutory financial statements and associated reports in line with local deadlines.
• Deal with matters raised by the statutory bodies in a timely and professional manner.
• Timely preparation of technical papers in respect of all significant one-off items that arise
• Manage the external audit and other adhoc yearend activities
• The role holder will ensure that monthly balance sheet reconciliations are reviewed on a timely basis.
• Participating or leading system, operational or process changes as required.
• Working closely with the businesses on initiatives and advising on implications from a local GAAP and IFRS point of view. Support with adhoc requests and analysis as required.
• Providing financial support in respect of major decisions affecting the organisation.
QUALIFICATIONS (Education, Experience and Certifications)
• Significant recent & demonstrable experience in preparing annual statutory accounts for European entities is ESSENTIAL
• Professional accounting qualification (ACA, ACCA, CIMA or equivalent)
• A good working knowledge of ERP systems such as SAP, Oracle or MS Dynamics
• Strong excel skills (minimum intermediate skill level)
• Strong local GAAP & IFRS knowledge - ESSENTIAL
• Fluency in English required, other European language abilities desirable (French /Italian)