Financial Reporting Specialist
Salary £50,000 - £60,000 per annum + Bonus and Benefits
Consultant Morgan Mocke
Date posted 01 November 20192019-11-01 2019-12-31 mining London London 11 Slingsby Place GB WC2e 9AB GBP 50000 60000 60000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.uk https://www.robertwalters.co.uk/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
This resounces company are listed and based in the West-End of London. They have experienced phenomenal growth from 2016 with their stock price almost doubling year on year. With a relaxed working policy, a strong candidate with a proactive attitude would love the autonomy this role offers. This newly created role is originating from organic growth. This role will encompass system implementation as well as well as analysis of forward looking accounting activities.
The Financial Reporting Specialist plays a pivotal role in ensuring high quality financial data for reporting purposes.
- Contributing to the Group financial statements including preparation and review of note disclosures for the Annual Report and interim and year-end results announcements
- Helping to ensure that Group Financial Reporting processes operate effectively and that defined timescales are adhered to
- Act as a key Group Reporting resource on Finance projects as required, applying knowledge of IFRS, the Group consolidation system, as well as interpersonal and project management skills to ensure project deliverables are of a high standard and that projects progress within the agreed timescales
- High quality review of financial information submitted by local teams for monthly actuals reporting, budgets and forecasts.
- Taking ownership of the new system that has recently been implemented to continuously improve the reporting;
- Up to date knowledge of IFRS and the new standard in order to identify the effect on the financial statements and the ability to prepare accounting memos for technical topics and new contracts that the Group may enter into. (Acquisition, JV accounting, IFRS 16 etc.)
- General processing of day to day operations into the system, bank reconciliations etc.
- Contributing to the audit process.
- Operational mining knowledge an advantage
- Understanding of complex commercial and technical accounting issues and good knowledge of IFRS very important
- Comfortable with consolidations – ours is simple and mainly manual as some of the entities are not within the system
- Strong proven analytical skills and attention to detail
- Advanced Excel skills and excellent computer literacy
- Qualified accountant - ACA or Equivelant
- Degree in a relevant discipline
- Use a range of data and information sources to perform analysis and produce management reports
- Understand and apply relevant accounting principles, IFRS, policies and processes
- Understand the fundamental principles of effective financial systems
Social Process Skills:
- Demonstrate strong influencing skills across all employee levels, including peers and senior stakeholders.
- Interact and work with people and partners in a culturally diverse environment and tie this in to the requirements and processes of the greater Chaarat Group in order to achieve objectives.
- Work effectively using different mediums, face to face, telephone, video conference and email.
- Provide advice and propose resolutions taking into account technical and commercial outcomes.
- Demonstrate excellent communication skills (verbal and written) is essential
- Have a solution driven work ethic and take ownership of tasks in their entirety.
Any other requirements to perform the work effectively?
- Preparation or review of financial accounts
- Operational experience in the mining industry desirable but not essential
- Experience of working with cross-geographical teams
There is imidiate need for this role so, as a result ealy applications will be beneficial. For further information please email me on email@example.com.