Salary £40,000 - £45,000 per annum
Location Newcastle upon TyneFULL_TIME
Consultant Charlotte Walker
Date posted 07 October 20192019-10-07 2019-12-06 accountancy Newcastle upon Tyne Tyne and Wear GB GBP 40000 45000 45000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.uk https://www.robertwalters.co.uk/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
Company Accountant | Newcastle upon Tyne | £40 – 45, 000 per annum Our client is a leading global infrastructure investor providing the investment capability to deliver complex infrastructure projects. Over the past 23 years, our client has established itself as one of the largest investors in the PPP industry, building a portfolio of 69 projects worldwide, predominantly in the UK and North America.
Robert Walters are exclusively partnering this business in the search for a Qualified Company Accountant. This opportunity will be a varied role split between financial and management accounting and you'll have the opportunity to become involved in a number of adhoc projects as required.
To be considered you’ll have experience as follows:
- ACCA/CIMA/ACA Qualified
- Good practical accountant;
- Able to work with technical accounting concepts;
- IT literate especially with Excel and Word.
Working as part of a small team and reporting to the Finance Manager you’ll be responsible for tasks as follows:
- Production of monthly management accounts and commentary thereon (including variance analysis) to concession deadlines;
- Preparation of statutory accounts and acting as first point of contact with auditors;
- Preparation of annual budgets and periodic updates to support 6-monthly updates for lenders;
- Making payments to contractual timescales;
- Liaison with lenders in respect of loan agreement financial administration;
- Producing cash flow forecasts, managing treasury deposits and controlling company bank balances;
- Ownership of all General Ledger accounts and ensuring that invoices, payments, receipts and month-end journals are processed accurately and with required authorisations;
- Ensuring that the concessions’ financial transactions are carried out in accordance with its contracts and accounting policies and standards and that reliable accounting records are maintained;
- Production of Balance Sheet account reconciliations;
- Liaison with internal audit function and resolution of issues identified;
- Preparation of Corporation Tax quarterly payment calculations and provision of information to tax advisers relating to annual computations and returns;
- Any other additional duties such as the Head of Finance, Finance Manager or Concession management team may reasonably require.