Salary Up to £40,000 per annum + Car + Bonus
Location Greater ManchesterFULL_TIME
Consultant Charlotte Walker
Date posted 03 September 20192019-09-03 2019-11-02 accountancy Greater Manchester Greater Manchester GB GBP 40000 40000 40000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.uk https://www.robertwalters.co.uk/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
Financial Accountant | Award Winning Organisation based in South Manchester Competitive Salary + Car + Bonus Robert Walters is exclusively representing a prestigious organisation in their search for a Financial Accountant. Reporting to the Financial Controller and having exposure to the Group Finance Director, the business seeks a technically strong, hands on candidate to support the finance team and business on a number of strategic projects as well as business as usual activities.
The organisation that we're representing is highly profitable, a household name and market leaders in their niche sector. The business has a strong brand, exceptional backing and are ambitions to surpass their short and medium term growth targets. With an exceptionally strong senior management team in place the successful candidate will gain unparalleled levels of exposure and will be given the opportunity to bring real 'value add' to the organisation.
- ACA / ACCA qualified.
- Technically astute, with the ability to apply technical accounting knowledge to practical situations.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal, with the ability to liaise and communicate effectively at all levels across the business including Senior Management.
- Innovative and solution focused with the ability to work to tight deadlines.
- Excellent attention to detail and the ability to work under pressure.
- Excellent organisational and time management skills.
- Proficient influencing skills.
- Knowledge of finance systems.
- Strong Excel skills.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Support preparation and submission of Statutory Accounts
- Consolidation of management accounts
- Support production of month end management packs and slides
- Support the Group’s annual audit
- Review of the month end balance sheet, ensuring appropriate controls are in place
- Preparation of Group consolidated cash flow
- Bank and other financial controls
- Financial Compliance
- FCA returns
- Achievement of departmental KPIs and deadlines
- Support development of key financial reports working closely with the BI team
- Corporation Tax and Vat returns
- Support VAT reconciliation, review of processes and subsequent documentation and awareness within the Finance team
- Support work required to implement new system to support finance ledgers
- Ad-hoc business partner activities with exposure to the senior leadership team
- Responsibility for supporting the training and mentoring of the assistant accountants
To be considered for this fantastic role please forward your CV for immediate consideration.