Financial Reporting Accountant
Salary £40,000 - £47,000 per annum
Consultant Charlotte Walker
Date posted 02 September 20192019-09-02 2019-11-01 accountancy Manchester Greater Manchester Hardman Street GB M3 3HF GBP 40000 47000 47000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.uk https://www.robertwalters.co.uk/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
Financial Reporting & Capital Accountant Manchester City Centre Negotiable Salary package £40 – 47, 000 per annum Fantastic opportunity to join a global financial services organisation. Robert Walters have a permanent role for a Financial Reporting Accountant to join their finance division based in the heart of Manchester City Centre.
Our client is a well-established, niche, market leading firm with a wealth of experience within their field. Boasting multiple awards this is a fantastic career move for a Qualified ACCA/ACA Accountant looking to make their first move into industry.
To be considered for this role you will be ACCA or ACA qualified with experience of financial accounting and reporting. You’ll have good knowledge of IFRS and US GAAP accounting standards along with strong analytical and written communication skills.
The successful candidate will support the Financial Reporting & Capital Manager in delivering effective monitoring and reporting of the company’s capital and financial position. The role includes statutory and regulatory reporting as well as corporation tax calculations and returns.
Duties will include but not be limited to:
- Ensure effective monitoring of the company’s capital position
- Deliver timely and accurate regulatory reporting, covering reporting requirements for parent company and local regulators, including Quantitative Reporting Templates, National Specific Templates, Solvency & Financial Condition Report, Regular Supervisory Report and Own Risk & Solvency Assessment.
- Deliver the annual Company IFRS Financial Statements, together with accompanying support.
- Work closely with the external auditors, including delivering audit files and support schedules.
- Deliver monthly corporation tax computations and annual tax returns. Liaise with tax advisors. Reconcile tax balance sheet accounts.
- Deliver ONS, NSO and regulatory returns and information to rating agencies as required.
- Prepare and collate information for the quarterly Audit and Risk Committees.
- Actively monitor and implement changes in statutory and regulatory requirements. Assess impact of new accounting standards.
- Deliver technical training as required to the wider finance team.
- Respond to ad-hoc queries and financial information requests as required.
If you’d like further information about this opportunity please forward your CV for immediate consideration.