Salary £65,000 - £75,000 per annum
Consultant Isabel Evans
Date posted 29 August 20192019-08-29 2019-10-28 property-and-housing London London GB GBP 65000 75000 75000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.uk https://www.robertwalters.co.uk/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
My client, a leading London property development business, are looking for a Project Accountant to join their stunning Central London head office.
The Project Accountant will take complete ownership for the reporting on one of the most iconic developments in Central London, covering both financial and management reporting. Reporting into both the Finance Manager and the Commercial Controller, you will work very closely with the commercial teams, whilst having a great deal of exposure to senior stakeholders.
There is huge scope to grow this role and take on more as the project developers. The Project Accountant will be given a lot of autonomy straight away, so the successful candidate will need to be mature, confident and reliable, as well as technically very strong and commercially aware.
This is a fantastic opportunity to make the move from practice at a slightly more senior level, or to take a step up from a current industry reporting role, in a market-leading property business.
Key responsibilities include:
- Work closely with the applicable members of the finance team in the setup, understanding and execution of new ventures/project
- Understand from first principles the legal, tax and accounting structure of each venture, proposing accounting treatments and setting up the associated management and financial reporting
- Documenting accounting judgements and conclusions drawn, including application of the relevant accounting standards
- Prepare annual financial statements, including back up for key notes such as related party transactions, sensitivity analysis and basis of preparation
- Prepare monthly/quarterly management accounts, including primary statements, supporting schedules and partner account analysis where required
- Prepare quarterly Investor reporting, including a detailed analytical review and presentation of key events in the period
- First point of contact for auditors
The ideal candidate will be:
- ACA qualified (or overseas equivalent)
- Prior experience in a reporting role or client secondment
- Maturity and confidence in front of senior figures
- Strong Excel skills
- An interest in the real estate industry
To apply to join this fantastic property business, please get in touch!