Salary £35,000 - £42,000 per annum
Consultant Charlotte Walker
Date posted 30 July 20192019-07-30 2019-09-28 accountancy Wythenshawe Greater Manchester GB GBP 35000 42000 42000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.uk https://www.robertwalters.co.uk/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
Brilliant opportunity to join a UK Headquartered Pan-European Organisation following a transformation within their finance division – Seeking an accounting professional that’s either ACCA/CIMA Qualified or Qualified by Experience to join our client’s finance team as a Financial Accountant reporting to the head of Financial Accounts. The role also provides the opportunity to work with other parts of the finance function and the wider business.
- You will either be ACCA/CIMA/ACA Qualified or Qualified by Experience
- Experience of producing accurate month end accounts to short timescales
- You will be able to use large company ERP systems and be proficient in Microsoft Excel
- You will be commercially astute and have the ability to work with autonomy on a variety of projects
- Strong communication skills and ability to collate, analyse and interpret financial data for use by the business
- Personal drive and strong time management
- Experience of working within Distribution, and Engineering/Manufacturing businesses and dealing with stock accounting would be beneficial but not essential.
Working as part of a small team within a large finance function you will be responsible for:
- Preparation of month end and year end accounts to trial balance level including preparation of journals, allocations, balance sheet reconciliations and calculations of provisions including customer and supplier rebates accurately within a short timescale
- Preparation of monthly cost centre profit & loss accounts – including answering questions raised by cost centre managers
- Assisting with cash flow preparation and banking approvals
- Liaison with department heads on accounting matters relating to their business units
- Review of stock accounting transactions and working with business partners on reports relating to valuation, provision, rebates and similar
- Assisting with preparation of quarterly VAT returns
- Preparation of UK statutory accounts, including liaising with external auditors
- Preparation of UK Tax computations, compiling details of all backing calculations and supporting documents. Liaison with tax team
- Ad-hoc analysis or reports as needed by the business
- Helping to continually improve finance systems, processes and interaction with the wider business to support overall Finance Efficiency.
This is an opportunity to join a company that are growing by acquisition where you can get involved with all aspects of the business and add real value to your CV. For further information send your CV as soon as possible.