Financial Accountant - Global Investment Firm
Salary £45,000 - £50,000 per annum + Excellent Benefits
Location City of LondonFULL_TIME
Consultant Mike Cellier
Date posted 15 July 20192019-07-15 2019-09-13 banking City of London London GB GBP 45000 50000 50000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.uk https://www.robertwalters.co.uk/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
A global investment management firm with an excellent Finance team is currently looking for a recently qualified Accountant to join their team as a Financial Accountant. The role includes responsibility for the financial control and reporting for the firm and other global group entities.
A fantastic opportunity has arisen with a leading investment firm that offers great career growth. Their finance team is looking for a recently qualified accountant to join their business.
The role includes responsibility for the financial control and reporting for the firm and other global group entities.
This will involve preparation of the monthly management reporting and the year-end statutory reporting, which will include liaising with the auditors and other teams within Finance and the organisation (locally and in our global offices), including Treasury, Tax, Group Reporting, Legal, Company Secretarial and Operations. This role will also assist with ad-hoc projects as required.
- Prepare the monthly IFRS management reporting for selected entities in the group
- Financial control including analytical review and balance sheet reconciliation
- Preparation of board reporting as required
- Prepare supporting schedules and perform related processes (e.g. general ledger postings)
- Preparation of local GAAP statutory accounts
- Prepare regulatory returns for regulated entities, liaising with local regulatory advisors as required
- Liaise with auditors and local tax advisors, ensuring the delivery of information to support the preparation of local tax returns and other tax filings as required
- Advise treasury of FX contracts needed to hedge all foreign currency monetary assets and liabilities on a monthly basis
- Provide support and mentoring to junior staff
- Support the alignment of inherited processes and controls with those operated in the UK
- Take a proactive role in questioning processes in place with a view to continuous improvement
- Support other financial control and reporting initiatives as required
- Involvement in ad-hoc projects within Finance
- Accounting: ACA/ACCA/CIMA qualification. Good knowledge of financial accounting, including technical accounting (to include IFRS)
- Financial Controls: Understanding of controls, with an ability to critically evaluate them within a larger organisation
- Regulatory: Experience of preparing or reviewing regulatory returns would be advantageous
- Experience: Working in Financial Accounting or an Operational team would be advantageous
- IT Skills: Must be computer literate with strong excel skills and have the ability to learn new systems. Experience with general ledger systems would be advantageous
- Risk Awareness: Ability to understand financial risk and use it to influence decisions and critically appraise processes
Please apply or email Mike Cellier on michael.cellier@robertwalters if interested.