Salary £35,000 - £45,000 per annum
Consultant Christopher Lloyd
Date posted 13 June 20192019-06-13 2019-08-12 accountancy Warrington Cheshire GB GBP 35000 45000 45000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.uk https://www.robertwalters.co.uk/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
This fantastic business in Warrington are looking for a newly qualified accountant to join the business in a role that offers genuine chances of long-term development as the organisation continues to grow.
Reporting to an ambitious & supportive Finance Manager, this is a newly created role with scope to develop your skills & tailor your duties as the role develops - however your initial duties will include;
- Production of monthly management and financial accounts packs to include analysis and commentary on all areas of the P&L, Balance Sheet and Cash flow.
- Control and reporting of Capex spend.
- Ensure that all processes, procedures and controls have been applied, including the maintenance/development/improvement of internal controls reporting and all associated documentation.
- Ensure all Balance Sheet reconciliations are prepared, reviewed and any issues dealt with promptly
- Liasion point with external auditors.
- Assisting in the process for producing annual budgets and rolling forecasts
- Working with the Systems team to hel move away from Excel based reporting to a more streamlined systems based model
- Newly qualified accountant or Finalist level (ACA/ CIMA/ ACCA or equivalent)
- Strong accounting and tax technical knowledge, including IFRS, UK GAAP, Corporation Tax, VAT and PAYE
- Experience of year end reporting process through to delivery of Annual Report and associated materials.
- Ability to review and analyse data or complex technical accounting issues, drawing out key matters of significance and interpret them in written or verbal communications to finance and non-finance stakeholders.
- Proactive demeanour with the ability to offer constructive advice or solutions.
- Insists on accuracy and self-checking by team members and a culture of review.
- Handles problems with innovation and creativity.
- Takes control, initiates action and take responsibility.
- Manages pressure well and copes well with demands from a number of different stakeholders.
This is a fantastic opportunity for any bright and enthustiastic accountant to join a stable & growing business that can offer genuine opportunities for development & progression.