Financial Accountant - Tax
Salary £55,000 - £65,000 per annum
Consultant James Coxhill
Date posted 10 June 20192019-06-10 2019-08-09 telecommunications Cambridge Cambridgeshire GB GBP 55000 65000 65000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.uk https://www.robertwalters.co.uk/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
Financial Accountant, Tax - Telecoms - Cambridge - Up to £65k
Robert Walters are working with a leading international telecommunications company based just north of Cambridge who are looking to hire a Financial Accountant (Tax) in a permanent, full-time role.
Reporting into the Finance Manager and Tax Manager, the Financial Accountant (Tax) is responsible for a mixed role of taxation and statutory financial accounting and reporting.
Financial Accounting (25%)
- Monthly financial reporting analysis and preparation
- Assisting with special projects with the finance manager
- Supporting on ad-hoc BAU financial tasks
Corporate Tax (25%)
- Preparation of Corporate Tax returns, support on corporate tax reporting and tax audits
VAT/Indirect Tax (25%)
- Preparation of VAT returns for group companies
- Worrking with Tax Manager on ad-hoc indirect tax issues
Other Taxes (25%)
- Working with Tax Manager to prepare RDEC claim (R&D tax credit claim)
- Supporting on PAYE Settlement Agreement
The client is looking for a qualified accountant (ACA / ICAS / ACCA / CIMA) with good UK accounting experience, and some knowledge/experience of either direct or indirect taxes. The successful candidate must be willing to do a "hands-on" role and to get stuck in supporting both the finance and tax managers.
The role comes with a salary in the region of £55,000 to £65,000 plus benefits package including 25 days holiday (plus bank holidays), pension contributions, private medical insurance, free parking, discounted gym membership and a variety of discounts and vouchers.