Salary £40,000 - £45,000 per annum
Consultant Alex Daniel
Date posted 24 May 20192019-05-24 2019-07-23 accountancy Chester Cheshire Heronsway GB CH5 2HF GBP 40000 45000 45000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.uk https://www.robertwalters.co.uk/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/logo.gif
A leading professional services company with a global presence. This role would suit a qualified accountant looking for excellent development opportunities.
A global financial services company are looking for bright and ambitious ACA/ ACCA/ CIMA qualified accountants to join their finance department. The company are a household name within the financial service sector and offer great opportunities for growth and development across a number of their teams.
The primary function of the team is to provide control and business advisory guidance to key business partners; Price Verification (PVG), Trading Desk, Credit & Market risk, Regulatory Group and the RWA team.
Joining as a financial accountant your duties will be:
- Daily P&L & Balance sheet reporting and oversight. This includes approval of daily sub-ledger P&L, preparation of daily commentary and reviewing changes to the daily balance sheet.
- Core Financial Oversight including price verification, validation of appropriate use of models for records, monthly and quarterly revenue commentary & internal control process including SOX.
- Planning & Reporting including influencing business strategy, plans, budgets and forecasts.
- Running the expense approval process for deal related and organisational expenses as well as providing expense related analytics.
- Mentoring junior colleagues in CFO as the department and organisation grows across all levels.
- Qualified Accountant – ACA/ ACCA/ CIMA
- Top 10 training background is extremely desirable
- Strong interest and understanding of financial services sector
- An interest in financial accounting role
- Ambitious individual with a thirst for self-development and openness to move teams/ departments
- Strong analysis and reporting skills
This is an exciting opportunity for a driven and ambitious qualified accountant with an interest in moving into financial accounting within a large global organisation. You can expect an industry leading benefit package alongside a competitive salary. Thanks to the size of the company, there is unlimited opportunity for progression and development.