Statutory Reporting Accountant
Salary £300 - £350 per day
Consultant Alex Cabezas
Date posted 08 May 20192019-05-08 2019-06-07 accountancy Watford Hertfordshire GB GBP 300 350 350 DAY Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.uk
An excellent interim opportunity with an employer of choice, as Statutory Reporting Accountant, for a minimum period of 6 months. Based Watford
Our market leading client a blue chip business, based in Watford, require an interim Statutory Reporting Accountant, on an interim basis for a minimum period of 6 months.
The Statutory Reporting and Accounting team is responsible for all aspects of statutory accounting, including preparation of all UK statutory accounts for audit, and compliance overview of all other statutory requirements. The team also performs some month end close activities including ensuring that entries are booked in accordance with contracts and performing balance sheet reconciliations.
The Statutory Reporting Accountant supports the team in the preparation and audit of statutory accounts in accordance with FRS 101. This may comprise working on statutory accounts workings/templates directly or completing some month end tasks for other team members in order that they can support the project. Completing month end close will require the candidate to combine accounting, analytical, and presentation skills to effectively and efficiently contribute to the monthly close process, as well as the ability to understand complex accounting transactions. This role has a particular focus on reviewing and validating invoices to ensure payments are made in accordance with the lease and processed correctly as part of the month end close cycle.
• Prepare for audit statutory accounts and supporting schedules for UK legal entities including the treasury companies
• Prepare for audit turnover certificates
• Work with key stakeholders and departments to deliver appropriate levels of support
• Support the team to maximize efficiency and effectiveness of processes
• Adheres to monthly deadlines, including close schedule and filing requirements
• Act as primary contact between auditors, treasury in supporting the preparation of statutory accounts and audits of entities
• Adhere to proper controls and systems to ensure maintenance of Balance Sheet
• Prepare and review balance sheet reconciliations and prepare commentary on variance
• Support group wide projects ensuring FRS 101 compliance including participation in the design, testing and deployment of the accounting for group restructurings and implementation of new accounting standards.
• Obtain, process and validate data during month end close particularly in relation to UK treasury entities.
• Maintain accounting records for various international subsidiaries, including month end close and statutory accounts
• Provision of financial data to other departments as required
• Ensures statutory accounting is compliant with UK and IFRS protocols
• Ensure adherence to proper controls and systems to ensure maintenance of International Profit and Loss within a SOX framework
• Participates in reporting projects relating to new accounting standards, particularly the new leasing standard in relation to the rent payment process.
• Execute, update and maintain accounting internal control policies and procedures and prepare supporting documentation to internal audit regarding completion of control procedures
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to perform the essential functions of the job.
• Experience preparing UK statutory accounts under IFRS or UK GAAP (FRS 101), and qualified accountant (ACA preferable)
• Proven ability to deal with large volumes of data in multiple currencies
• Experience working as an auditor, or with auditors, in a corporate accounting setting
• Possess knowledge of General Ledger accounting, including balance sheet reconciliations
• Excellent financial reporting and analysis skills
• Proven ability to plan and adhere to strict deadlines
• Intermediate Excel skills
• Effective communication skills both verbally and in writing
• Excellent interpersonal skills to build trust and confidence in order to motivate and influence others
• Ability to work well under pressure and effectively handle multiple and concurrent demands
• Strong project management skills including ability to manage details through to completion and ensure deadlines are met