Salary £55,000 - £70,000 per annum
Consultant Mike Cellier
Date posted 29 April 20192019-04-29 2019-06-28 banking UK Robert Walters
A global alternative investment manager, based in central London, is currently looking for a fund accountant to join their business and be involved in a wide range of finance and commercial responsibilities. You will work closely with the head of finance and CFO.
A fantastic permanent opportunity has arisen with a global alternative investment firm based in central London. A fund accountant is required to take on a wide-range of finance and commercial responsibilities. The individual will report to Head of Finance, and ultimately the CFO - Hedge Funds & Private Equity.
- Product control for the hedge funds and private equity funds
- Monthly/quarterly NAV: preparing estimated performance for each investment vehicle for reporting to investors. Finalising the NAV and reconciling to the third party administrator on a timely basis.
- Preparation of intra month P&L and performance metrics for internal reporting for the hedge funds.
- Oversee the valuation of a wide variety of financial products in accordance with valuation policies. Understand pricing exceptions and document them for consideration by the valuation committee.
- Investor Reporting: Assist in preparation of investor transparency reports and seek to ensure they are in line with best practice.
- Manage outsourced teams and their output in the form of the fund administrator in the UK & India.
- Annual financial reporting: liaising with auditors to manage an efficient year end reporting process. Supervision and review of the annual financial statements
- Minimise operational tax risk through understanding of tax regimes of new markets that the funds trade in.
- Prepare material for quarterly board meetings for the funds.
- Maintain financial processes in line with best practice, add value where possible and work closely with legal and compliance teams to determine and implement procedures in response to new regulations.
- Enhance current control processes, including the use of systems to automate and streamline procedures, and maintain procedures documentation accordingly
- Assist in on-boarding of new fund or managed accounts as they arise
A qualified accountant with experience in fund accounting (product control) and financial reporting and with a minimum of 2 years post qualification experience including working in a hedge fund, private equity or other investment management firm. Alternatively, an individual who has started their career within the financial services industry (e.g. investment banking) and obtained a similar level of experience including working in a hedge fund, private equity or other investment management firm.
- Experience of US GAAP /IFRS financial reporting for investment funds
- Familiarity with hedge fund structures and accounting related matters e.g. equalization accounting
- Familiarity with private equity structures and accounting
- Able to demonstrate strong communication, influencing and resource management skills
- Eager to work in a rapidly changing environment and able to implement change in their function.
- Able to demonstrate a strong track record of achievement to date and be able to articulate how this role fits into their personal career plan.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft office, in particular excel
- Familiarity with Bloomberg