Salary £50,000 - £55,000 per annum
Consultant James Dwyer
Date posted 18 April 20192019-04-18 2019-06-17 accountancy Kent Kent GB GBP 50000 55000 55000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.uk
An exciting opportunity has arisen at a well known and prestigious business for a Financial Accountant. The right candidate will have experience as a financial accountant and be a qualified chartered accountant. Must be strong on Excel and have a good understanding of IFRS.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
The incumbent will work within a team where their responsibilities will include the following:
• Assistance with structured group month-end close.
• To act as primary support for the accounting function of certain subsidiaries.
• Monthly consolidation of group companies.
• Involvement in the budget and forecast processes for certain subsidiaries/functions.
• Preparation of client assistant package for auditors.
• Liaison with auditors.
• Ad hoc projects.
Experience & Skills Required
• The candidate should be ACA qualified.
• Ideally completed training at a Big 4 firm.
• The stronger the academic history demonstrated the better the chance the candidate will have of being selected for the role.
EXPERIENCE (YEARS AND NATURE)
• Up to 2 years PQE
• Exposure to multi-currency consolidations and large group structures.
• Strong Excel skills are a prerequisite.
• Good IFRS knowledge is required.
• US GAAP knowledge/exposure would be beneficial.
OTHER ATTRIBUTES THAT WOULD BE HIGHLY BENEFICIAL
• A meticulous worker who displays due attention to detail.
• A dedicated team player who is prepared to work longer hours during certain key points of the year when deadlines need to be met
• Good oral and written communication skills.
• Someone who is able to apply a structured approach towards balancing multiple demands and priorities.
• The candidate needs to have their own transport