Logisitcs Finance Business Partenr
Salary £275 - £300 per day
Consultant Alex Cabezas
Date posted 11 April 20192019-04-11 2019-05-11 accountancy Dagenham Essex GB GBP 275 300 300 DAY Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.uk
Logistics Finance Business Partner required for an interim period of 3-6 months, supporting the financial controller of the Supply Chain function. This role will be based out of Dagenham primarily.
Our client, based in Dagenham, Essex, require an interim Logistics Finance Business Partner to directly support the Logistics function with site responsibility. Supporting the Logistics Finance Manager providing effective business partnering support.
- Develop relationships with the Site teams, so that finance advice is sought as a matter of course. Become a trusted member of those teams.
- Challenge the Operational teams to improve performance via regular focused reporting of key financial and key performance information
- Make sure that the business always gets a joined up view of financials, and that this view is also joined up with the relevant commercial financials and planning functions.
- Educate the Regional Operational teams about cash and EBITDA, and how they can influence this.
- Performance reporting
- Deliver and help develop high quality daily, weekly and monthly reporting which enables the business to understand its financial performance vs budget/latest plan and vs prior periods
- Provide insight on trends and issues, within the weekly flash reporting, weekly site reporting and monthly reporting. This includes both performance indicators and financial data.
- Deliver revised Forecast and budgets as required for the national Logistics Operation. Ensuring the operational team own their plan. Plans should be challenging and deliver overall business requirements.
- Provide relevant financial information to management on Key Operational Logistics KPI
- Manage task within plan reporting. Lead the drive to deliver the plan through management of risks and opportunities.
- Play a responsible role in the Supply Chain Finance team to develop and deliver the best support possible:
- Working with the Supply Chain Finance team to ensure consistency, best practice and improvement are driven in the department.
- Take ownership of special projects that span across Supply Chain
- Ensure that Cost is tightly controlled via focused reporting. Develop reporting as needed
- Ensure that all key controls are in place and working effectively. Identify areas where weakness in controls occur and implement corrective action in conjunction with the Operational teams
- Ensure that the business works within the parameters of the governance matrix approved by the Board
- Identify major control points within the business. Ensure appropriate processes are in place and reviewed regularly.
- Undertake post completion reviews for major initiatives or capex spends, to determine if targets have been met and value for money has been delivered
- Help management appraise the viability of certain projects by taking the financial lead on these projects, and making sure that all financial implications are considered for all options
- Ensure financial governance is in place for all projects
- Making sure that the monthly accounts reflect an accurate view of performance
- Provide financial control with all relevant backup required during the monthly accounting cycle
Key Outputs / Metrics
• Weekly flash Thurs
• Monthly accounts production
• Report packs available by WD5
• Weekly KPI tracker
• Weekly KPI reporting
• Forecasting accuracy
• P&L vs target (EBITDA and Opex)
Essential role related knowledge, skills, qualifications:
- Qualified accountant with at least 3 years post qualification experience.
- Knowledge and first-hand experience of Logistics (site especially)
- Site based experience is preferable
- Up to date with latest accounting policies etc
- Strong people management skills
- Personal credibility
- Ability to work to very tight deadlines