Salary £300 - £400 per day
Consultant Alex Cabezas
Date posted 04 April 20192019-04-04 2019-05-04 accountancy Hertfordshire Hertfordshire GB GBP 300 400 400 DAY Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.uk
Tax Accountant required for a minimum period of 6 months, to be based out of Hatfield, £300-£400 per day. Immediate start!
A great interm opportunity with a market leading FTS listed business, based in Hertfordshire as Tax Accountant.
The position presents the opportunity and challenge of working in both a dynamic and exciting environment within a fast-paced leading retail business, based in Hertfordshire.
The candidate would be required to have experience in a number of tax areas, ranging from Corporation Tax, Employment taxes, international tax structures and indirect taxes (VAT/Customs/Excise). You would be required to lead preparation of the Group’s corporation tax computations for all UK companies and annual report tax disclosures as well as assist in ad hoc international queries as they arise.
- Assisting in the formulation of tax policies for the Group, both UK and International
- SAO Compliance (Monitoring and reviewing the risk registers and presenting to senior management)
- Reviewing legislation changes and writing technical notes on the impacts from a Group perspective
- Assisting in setting up new processes and controls, mainly focused around international
- Support the timely and accurate filing of the tax returns for all UK companies in close co-operation with the Group’s tax advisors (approx 11 entities).
- Responsibility for meeting UK compliance deadlines, for example in country-by-country reporting and Corporate Interest
- Ownership and responsible for pulling together the tax provision notes for the year end audited group accounts
- Lead and manage the contact with and providing assistance to the Group’s auditors
- Liaising with HMRC on outstanding queries such as changing prior year CT returns for ECA claims
- Writing internal training courses for AP/AR on how to read invoices and code them correctly into the systems
- Reviewing and updating the transfer pricing documentation in line with BEPS and rewriting/updating
- Liaising with HR team in matters of global mobility
- Providing support to supply chain teams to provide Customs and Excise support
- Liaising with external advisors to ensure all oversees compliance obligations are met, both in direct and indirect taxes.
- Supporting the commercial departments around the Group:
- Support the tax accountant with transitionary work relating to the carve out of one of the legal entities, such as supporting VAT reregistration, and setting up of tax processes.
- Support and own aspects of internationalisation of global tax structures and efficiencies
Skills, Experience and Qualifications
- Qualified ACA and /or CTA with 1+ years PQE
- Strong academics; minimum 2,1 at degree level; High grades at A level
- Good technical knowledge of UK tax legislation
- Good understanding of international tax concepts
- Keen interest in developments in UK tax legislation and OECD’s BEPS initiative
- Experience of preparing UK tax computations in Alphatax
- Proficient Alphatax skills
- Proficient Microsoft Excel skills
- Competent Microsoft Word user